How to change the background colour of the active explorer pane!
Is it easy to change the background color of the active explorer pane in the Quad Directory File Manager !
New from version 7.21 Save the color setting in the Favorites on Windows 11, 10, etc.!
Content / Solutions / Tips:
See also: ►►
1.) Change the background color in Q-Dir!
Just on the main menu> "Extras" then "... more options."
In Options-Dialog select the tab Colors !
Now you can customize the Color-Filter for file extensions and background color.
Placeholder for background color is:
#BG =background color
#BG-A =background color for active pane (view, window)
# = Hidden Files,Folders
#RO = Read only
Other options Bold/Italic/Strikeout and Color:
(-1) = next filter can change (set) this value.
(0) = not set (next filter can't change this value).
(1) = set (next filter can't change this value).
2.) Save the color setting in the Favorites!
From the Quad Explorer Version 7.21 you can save the color settings in the Favorites set this option before saving!
| (Image-1) Save background colour of explorer in Favorite.qdr!
3.) it is not possible to colorize the background of Tree View?
MENU ► Extras ► Tree-View ► Use Color-Filter (... see Image-3)
| (Image-3) Q-Dir not possible to colorize the background of Tree View!
Changing the background color of the active Explorer window is an elegant solution not only written for Windows 10, this screenshot has already been made under Windows 10, as you can see in Windows 10 shot screenshot above. However, you can easily use this example to change the background color of the active Explorer window as a solution even on earlier versions of Microsoft's Windows operating systems. The nice thing is that it's the background color of the active Explorer window, whether it's a native Windows desktop machine, on the go on the tablet, Surface Pro / Go, or even a business server operating system in the office. It was tested on various MS OS and successfully verified
FAQ 47: Updated on: 13 July 2021 07:50
It is quite easy to open files in a portable installation with Windows programs in Q-Dir Content: Info about the program Starter in Q-Dir
In each Explorer View Address Bar of Quad-Dir Manager you can copy long and short paths. For short paths: Click in the address bar in the free area right
You can easy force to move or to copy the data while dragging in each Explorer View of Q-Dir, Is like drag and drop in MS Explorer
Oh yes the old Occasional problems with *.qdr files. The icon is now red not blue Content / Solution / Tips: 1. The ICON change in Q-Dir 2.
Examples how to use the Quad-Directory internal file association rules, to open the files on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, PS: To be Run as Administrator pleas
The 32-bit version of Quad-Dir have small problems under x64 but Q-Dir x64 works without problems on Windows, 11, 10, Windows 7, XP or Windows Vista x64.
It is very easy to navigate to up a folder in each explorer View of the Quad-Directory Explorer 1. ALT + [UP ARROW] 2. Back button 3. Icon Click "up
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Would like to change the background color Explorer Windows 10 in Q-Dir?
- How can you set backgrounds in quad Explorer or can you change background color in Explorer from the active Explorer window in Q-Dir?
- Change background color in Windows 10 in the file manager?
- Help for the quad-explorer in Windows 10 background, can you change the Explorer background color in q-dir?
- I only ever use Details view--but I like the colour scheme ( in Windows) of "Fiesta" and that fills most of the top part of each window--hardly use the tree view--prefer a "drive list". Perhaps I really need to change the background colour of the active pane? That way I wouldn't miss whjich pane is the active one--or alternatively, change the colour of the background of the NON-active windows?? Whichever is easiest. - see attached screenshot which may explain my problem in spotting the active pane.. Thanks for your interest.?
- Window background color under Windows change color in Q-Dir?
- Change the color of the explorers so change the background in the folder?
- I request for additional features. I make many Tabs and often search target tab what I want to use. So, I'm happy If tab's background color can be changed.?
- I can change the background color in the Quad Explorer as in Windows Explorer, also change the background color under Windows 10?
- File Explorer color change or does the Explorer change colors not in Q-Dir?
- Change background color in file explorer need help with quad explorer in windows 10 to change the color?
- Change color any explorer or background?
- Change color explorer window need help with quad-explorer under Windows 10 to change color?
- Windows 10 Explorer change background color ?
Keywords: Change, background, colour, active, explorer, pane, easy, color, file, manager, q-dir, just, extras, more, options, Questions, Answers, Software