Change the default location for scanned documents!
Changing the default storage location or folder for scanned documents it is possible from WinScan2PDF Version 3.77!
1.) Change the storage location in WinScan2PDF!
The scans are saved by default in %TMP%/WinScan2PDF_Tmp
I recently redirected the Documents folder from some profiles to a new mirrored disk. I went to Windows Scan 2 PDF and it gave me an error message that it can not access scanned document folders. As far as I could see, it was redirected to the parent folder.
It turns out that Windows 10 or Windows 11 does not pass permissions to all subfolders. In example: "E:\Users\MyDocuments\Scanned documents". Although I am in the admin group, only special permissions appear. So I've added myself to each parent folder as a user and Windows Scan 2 PDF now opens and I can save the documents as default to the redirected location. Thank you!
Enable auto delete temporary scans at program end!
Please Start WinScan2PDF and open the menu item Options and select ergo deactivate the option:
"Do not delete temporary scans"
Please use ... always the latest version of WinScan2PDF.
| (Image-2) Auto clean up scanned JPEGs at Program end!
2.) In MS Windows 11, 10, ... OS change the default scan location!
The default folder for scanned documents is in My Documents, documents can be moved to any location on the hard drive. The register entries are automatically changed by Windows.
Don't copy the action has to be move to cause a relocation of the folders and the registry keys will then be changed automatically as well.
3.) Direct scan in a folder with the popular Quad Explorer!
1. Start as always ►► ... the Quad Explorer on MS Windows OS
2. Open the folder in which the scanned documents are to be saved
3. And go to File ► Tools on Scan
4. Assign a name for the scan job ( file extension is not required)
5. And start the scan job, the documents are saved directly in the folder
(... see Image-3 Point 1 to 5)
| (Image-3) Start the scan assistant directly in a folder!
FAQ 11: Updated on: 13 September 2022 18:32
The solution is really easy to set the PDF page size, LETTER, DIN-A4, LEGAL, FOOLSCAP To change the page size of the output file in Win Scan to PDF
From version 3.77 Preview, rotate, adjust the page or image to PDF ► Rotate the image or scan before PDF creation ► Image / Scan: Fit to the Page
With older scanners, which scan for example not in the Din A4 range, it is difficult to reach the scan area or page size of the PDF DIN A4 For this
It is quite easy to add a PDF file content from other PDFs or images to create a new PDF file With the freeware WinScan2PDF
For non-duplex scanners you have problems with front / back sorting to get the right order in the PDF for the printout Content: 1. The duplex problem
The solution is easy to translate WinScann2PDF in your country language, or change e.g. switch the language
You can delete the temporary scans, in previous versions were deleted automatically Content / Solution / Tip: 1. Delete temporary scans from Version
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Set scan folder?
- Define storage location for scans?
- Change fax and scan directory?
- Define Windows 10 folder for scan?
- Declare folder as scan folder?
- How can I change the location for the PDF files, is something in this program at all possible I would like it under Windows 10, in a certain Windows folder, the PDF files, because I like to archive all files by file types währe it really a great Thing if you can define the PDF folder yourself, and not every where else is stored, I think that other users happy. Is that something realizable?
Keywords: winscan2pdf, change, default, location, scanned, documents, changing, storage, folder, possible, from, version, scans, saved, Questions, Answers, Software