Show hidden files and folders in Windows 10, how to?
To Show hidden files and folders in Windows 10 MS-Explore, is also possible in new Windows-10!
Please open on via the Windows 10 Control Panel the Folder Options now File Explorer Options. (... see Image-1 Arrow-1 to 3)
Click on the View tab (... see Image-1 Arrow-4) and set the corresponding check mark the Show hidden files, folders and drives option Show (... see Image-1 Arrow-5)
Here, several options are available, see: Advanced Options files and folders!
| (Image-1) hidden files and folders in Windows-10!
You can apply the view (such as Details or Icons) that you are using for this folder to all folders of this type.
||Other advanced settings for files and folders:
- Always show icons, never thumbnails
- Always show menus
- Display file icon on thumbnails
- Display file size information in folder tips
- Display the full path in the title bar
- Hidden files and folders
* Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives
* Show hidden files, folders, and drives
- Hide empty drives in the Computer folder
- Hide extensions for known file types
- Hide folder merge conflicts
- Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
- Launch folder windows in a separate process
- Restore previous folder windows at logon
- Show drive letters
- Show encrypted or compressed NTFS files in color
- Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items
- Show preview handlers in preview pane
- Show status bar
- Use check boxes to select items
- Use Sharing Wizard (Recommended)
- When typing into list view
* Automatically type into the Search Box
* Select the typed item in the view
FAQ 61: Updated on: June 16th 2015 22:11
| FAQ: Windows-10|
|56. Change user password in Windows 10, via NET USER command, how to?|
|57. Run Windows 10 command prompt (cmd.exe) in administrator mode!|
|58. Where is the Quick Launch for the Windows 10 Taskbar, how to enable?|
|59. Disable Password in Windows 10 (hibernation, energy saving), but how to?|
|60. Change Windows 10 Control Panel to classic view, is it possible?|
|61. Show hidden files and folders in Windows 10, how to? *** |
|62. Desktop icons and shortcuts are not displayed in Windows 10?|
|63. Adjust the preview window size in Windows 10, how to (MS-Explorer, enable)?|
|64. Help Windows 10 has no fax and scan function, where is it?|
|65. Auto expand the folders in Windows 10 MS-Explorer, how to?|
|66. Enable, Confirm Dialog when delete files or folder in Windows 10?|
»» Windows-10 FAQ-INDEX
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Search extensions folder missing in windows 10?
- View hidden files windows 10?
- Show hidden folders windows 10?
- Show hidden files and options in windows 10?
- Win 10 show hidden files?
- Windows 10 show hidden files?
- Show hidden icon windows 10?
- How to find what windows 10 extension will open a internet file saved?
- How to see the hidden files in file explorer?
- Missing hidden folders windows 10?
- View hidden icons in explorer, Windows 10 dir don't show directory name?
- Setting hidden file windows 10 from file path?
- Shortcut of hidden files in win 10?
- Win 10 hidden files?
- How to open hidden folders in windows 10?
- Open folder files not displayed windows 10?
- Why are hidden files showing on win 10?
- Show hidden files in windows 10?
- How to see hidden files windows 10?
- Hide file in windows explorer?
Keywords: windows, 10, ten, show, hidden, files, folders, folder, option, Questions, Answers, Software