Where is the Bit Locker for Drive Encryption in Windows 10, is missing this?
The Bit-Locker Drive Encryption is available in Windows 10 Pro, if you are using Windows 10 Home you must use a other alternative for this problem!
See also : ► Constant crashes after Windows 10 update ► Windows 10 HDD and Partition ► Auto-Login without Password
1.) Find and Start the over the Bit-Locker Windows 10 Control Panel!
Your can find The Bit-Locker in Windows 10 Control Panel on Windows 10 Pro!
Or use the Keyboard Shortcut [Win-Logo]+[R], and enter the command:
control.exe /name Microsoft.BitLockerDriveEncryption , but use the bit Locker only when it is really necessary, otherwise it can lead to problems that can not cope with the inexperienced user. (... see Image-1)
| (Image-1) Bit Locker and Drive Encryption on Windows 10!
Useful Information from (c) Microsoft:
You can use the Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect all files stored on the drive Windows is installed on (operating system drive) and on fixed data drives (such as internal hard drives). Your can use BitLocker To Go to help protect all files stored on removable data drives (such as external hard drives or USB flash drives).
Unlike Encrypting File System (EFS), which enables you to encrypt individual files on Windows 10, BitLocker encrypts the entire drive. You can log on and work with your files normally, but BitLocker can help block hackers from accessing the system files they rely on to discover your password, or from accessing your drive by removing it from your computer and installing it in a different Windows 10 computer .
When you add new files to a drive that is encrypted with BitLocker, BitLocker encrypts them automatically. Files remain encrypted only while they are stored in the encrypted drive on Windows 10. Files copied to another drive or computer are decrypted. If you share files with other users, such as through a network, these files are encrypted while stored on the encrypted drive, but they can be accessed normally by authorized Windows 10 users.
If you encrypt the Windows 10 operating system drive, BitLocker checks the computer during startup for any conditions that could represent a security risk (for example, a change to the BIOS or changes to any startup files). If a potential security risk is detected, Windows 10 BitLocker will lock the operating system drive and require a special BitLocker recovery key to unlock it. Make sure that you create this recovery key when you turn on BitLocker for the first time; otherwise, you could permanently lose access to your files. If your computer has the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chip, BitLocker uses it to seal the keys that are used to unlock the encrypted operating system drive. When you start your computer, BitLocker asks the TPM for the keys to the drive and unlocks it.
If you encrypt Windows 10 data drives (fixed or removable), you can unlock an encrypted drive with a password or a smart card, or set the drive to automatically unlock when you log on to the computer.
You can turn off BitLocker at any time, either temporarily by suspending it, or permanently by decrypting the drive.
2.) What to consider when using the Bit-Locker!
Warning, attention! Anyone can use the recovery key
the Windows 10 and have full access to this data, careful storage is therefore advisable, even without the current password you have access to the data with the recovery key
Labels on this disk are not recommended, such as: recovery key
, HD recovery , or any other name that suggests that you can recover the HDD / SSD Key.
FAQ 91: Updated on: 3 June 2018 05:31
Windows-10 - FAQ-91: Where is the Bit Locker for Drive Encryption in Windows 10, is missing this?
ist valid for Microsoft (c): Windows 10
: Pro, Enterprise, Home,
Windows and 8.1
: Enterprise, Pro, Home
: Enterprise, Home, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate
Windows-Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2005 .
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Bitlocker missing?
- Bitlocker option is not available in windows 10 home?
- Bitlocker device encryption missing?
- Windows 10 bitlocker location in control panel?
- Bitlocker not on windows 10?
- Windows 10 billocker not found?
- Bitlocker option not available in windows 10?
- Windows 10 no bitlocker?
- Change windows 10 drive encryption, Bitlocker free app download for windows 10?
- How to activate bitlocker in windows 10 screenshots, drive encryption software?
- Download bitlocker for windows 10 64 bit or local workgroup bitlocker recovry key options?
- Add password to drive in windows, Bitlocker download for windows 10?
- Bitlocker missing from control panel windows 10, Activate bitlocker, drive encryption would not start?
- Bitlocker windows 10 download, bitlocker control panel missing??
- How to install bit locker in windows or Download bitlocker for windows 10?
- BitLocker Download Windows 10?
- Bit encryption windows 10?
- When does windows 10 encrypt drive?
- Bitlocker not showing up in windows 10?
- Bitlocker missing in windows 10?
- Windows 10 home drive encryption?
- Windows 10 missing bitlocker?
- Where is botlocker present in windows 10?
- Bitlocker partition missing on Windows 10?
- Bitlocker not in control panel?
- My windows does not show bit Locke?
- Bitocker encryption doe snot show up in control panel on win10?
- Nitlocker missing?
- Is not show bitlocker windows 10?
- Bit locker missing in win 10 home edition?
- Bitlocker encryption is not available?
- Bitlocker windows 10 not available?
- Bitlocker not in windows 10?
- Bitlocker windows 10 option not available?
- There iss no bitlocker in my windows 10?
- Windows 10 bitlocker not found?
- Missing bitlocker windows 10?
- Windows 10 no bitlocoker?
- Bitlocker Win10 not shown in control panel?
- Imaging bitlocker drives?
- Bitlocker windows 10 not showing up?
- Bitlocker is not showing in windows 10?
- Windows 10 bitlocker not listed in control panel?
- If bitlocker not present in windows 10?
- No bit locker encryption in control panel on win10?
- Bitlocker not available windows 10?
- Windows 10 bitlocker not there?
- There is no bitlocker in control panel?
- Bitlocker not showing in control panel windows 10?
- Tpm missing windows 10?
- Bitlocker not showing in windows 10?
Keywords: where, windows, 10, bit, locker, drive, encryption, missing, find, password, start, run, secure, download, Questions, Answers, Software