Office is being updated. Please wait a short time. Crash and error message!
The very rare case that when updating Office and - please wait for a moment - there is a crash and error message from MS Word!
What can I do in such a case is the question of whether data may be lost under MS Windows and Microsoft Office!
1.) Method-1: Troubleshooting, several times start + restart!
Here you should restart Word or one of the MS Office programs up to 3 times, if it doesn't work,
then restart Windows correctly and also start a MS Office program!
If it works everything is fine!
| (Image-1) Office is being updated. Please wait a moment. Crash and error message!
MSACCESS.EXE - application
error WINWORD.EXE - application error EXCEL.EXE - application
error OUTLOOK.EXE - application
The application could not be started correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
2.) Method-2: Troubleshoot, initiate repair MS Office!
1. Windows + R key combination
2. Command appwiz.cpl
4. Right-click and select the "Change" option.
3. Mark MS Office
5. In the new window, select either Quick Repair
6. Or the online
repair from 7. Click on "Repair".
| (Image-1) Easy repair the Microsofts Office 365, 2019, ...!
FAQ 33: Updated on: 5 September 2020 13:07
Query the version of MS Office, product information name of your Office product and full version number Sometimes you dont know if youre using Microsoft
The solution to select multiple text pieces of Text can be very helpful, when editing the Text in MS-Word. Please select the first section of the text
The solution is simple to select multiple non sequential Text Rows in MS-Word If you want to select multiples not sequential Text Rows in MS-Word
Suddenly when try to run Outlook, I get an error message the OST file and when click OK, the error message is closed Please read this: ► Outlook 2016
Quite simply it is in MS-Excel Euro or US $ sum to calculate, here a simple example Formulas and functions are the strongest tool in Excel. Even complicated
Here are some of the differences between Office 2016 and Office 365, with Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 365 almost the same product There is also the
Its not just on Windows 10 to create a diagonal text in Word You can use this simple and fast solution to create a diagonal text in Word easily on older
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Help Office cannot be opened, all programs have been updated, what can I do? What should I do if I get various error messages, should I try to start Office or reopen the application?
- Opening one of the Office applications does not work, what can I try to help the update on its way, should I repair or uninstall Office if an error message appears?
- What kind of bug fix tool is good to fix Office step by step?
- I have Office installed, I also have an account. I like to stay up to date with Microsoft 365. I am also very productive when working remotely, but now I have an error message "Office cannot be started" or "Office is being updated", followed by a program error!
- After restarting my computer, MS Office 365 does not work, should I uninstall or reopen it?
- Help my Office is busy, what is who the application is being updated, who can help, what should I add or remove or how can I work around errors when starting Office?
Keywords: microsoft, office, being, updated, please, wait, short, time, crash, error, message, very, rare, case, that, when, updating, moment, there, from, word, what, such, Questions, Answers, Software