How to create and format a new partition (volume) in Windows 7?
Use the Windows-7 Disk Management to perform disk-related tasks such as creating and formatting partitions and volumes.
1. Open the "Computer Management" start the Windows-7 Explorer with keys [Win-Logo]+[E]
2. and enter in the Address-Bar "mmc.exe compmgmt.msc /s" and press ENTER.
» "Start", » » "Control Panel", » "Administrative Tools", » » "Computer Management"
3. In the "Computer Management" you see now the "Disk-Management" (see Image-1).
4. Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk, and then click "New Simple Volume" (see Image-1).
5. In the New Simple Volume Wizard, click Next.
6. Then follow the Information in the "New Simple Volume Wizard" (See Image-2)
"New Simple Volume Wizard" helps you to create a simple partition (volume) on a disk.
Image-1: Create and format a new partition (volume) in Windows-7!
Image-2: Windows-7 New Simple Volume Wizard!
Tip! To start Disk Management directly:
Over » "Start"
type in » Perform (Edit-Box) "diskmgmt.msc" [ENTER].
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Type the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then click Next.
FAQ 47: Updated on: 2 June 2021 16:11
A password reset disk is easy to create on Microsofts Windows 7 OS Home, Pro, Starter, . Image-1: Use the password reset disk in Windows 7 To use a
To change Computer name, domain, and/or Work-Group settings in Windows-7, please open the "System Properties" Use this solution for Win-7, Server 2008 and
To change settings of the Remote Desktop in Windows-7, 8 or 8.1, please open the "System Properties" tab "Remote" 1. Start the "Run command" in Windows-7
To open eg. start directly the Windows-7 Task Manager via keyboard shortcuts
To show the Recycle Bin Icon on the Windows 7 Desktop Right-click on the free space at the Windows-7 Desktop Image-1 Personalize Windows 7 Desktop and
To temporarily enable or disable aero transparency via desktop shortcut in Windows 7, create "Aero Transparency Shortcut" Image-1 New Shortcut on the Windows-7
To disable auto expand folder in Windows 7 Explorer open and chainge the folder setting. Start the Windows-7 Explorer with keys [Win-Logo]+[E]. In Windows-7
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Create partition volume windows 7?
- How to make enable delete button during format by window 7?
- Simple volume format size for new simple volume on windows 7?
- Format a new partition windows 7?
- Format command windows 7 cmd?
- Format computer windows 7 ultimate Partion?
- How to create a new partition or volume in Windows 7?
- Problem with new Partition or Volume for windows 7 starter?
- How to make a partition in windows 7 ultimate without formatting?
- How to create a simple Particion in PC?
- Creating volumes on size in disk partitions?
- How to create partitions in Windows 7 starter?
- How to create new partition in windows 7 starter?
- How to create new partition windows 7 when formatting?
- How to create a partition of volume in windows?
- Create new volume in windows 7?
- How to get partition in windows 7 starter?
- How to create partition in windows 7 starter?
Keywords: windows, seven, create, format, partition, volume, win7, Questions, Answers, Software