Start the programs in compatibility mode on Windows 8.1 / 10, how to?
If some program isn't working correctly on your Windows-8/8.1 version, try running in Win-8/10 compatibility mode.
Use this easy solution!
1. Open the properties of the corresponding program through a right click of the mouse on the not correct working Program,
2. and then click "Properties" (... see Image 1 Arrow-1)
3. then the Tab "Compatibility" (... see Image 1 Arrow-2) .
4. In the "Compatibility Mode" group box select the check mark [X] (... see Image 1 Arrow-3)
5. to run the program in compatibility mode (... see Image 1 Arrow-4).
6. And in the selection field (... see Image 1 Arrow-5) select the appropriate operating system.
7. Do not forget to click the "Apply" button (... see Image 1 Arrow-6).
Windows-8 run the not working programs in compatibility mode!
Infos from Microsoft(c):
Runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific previous version of Windows.
- Run in reduced color mode
Uses a limited set of colors in the program. Some older programs are designed to use fewer colors.
- Run in 640 × 480 screen resolution
Runs the program in a smaller-sized window. Try this setting if the graphics for the program appear jagged or are rendered improperly.
- Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
Turns off automatic resizing of programs if large-scale font size is used. Try this setting if large-scale fonts are interfering with the appearance of the program.
- Privilege level
Runs the program as an administrator. Some programs require administrator privileges to run properly. If you aren't signed in to your PC as an administrator, this option is unavailable.
- Change settings for all users
Lets you choose settings that will apply to all users on this computer
You can also open the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter by pressing and holding or right-clicking a program's icon or shortcut on your desktop, and then tapping or clicking Troubleshoot compatibility.
FAQ 98: Updated on: 12 May 2020 21:42
While programs running in Windows 10, 8.1, , it is easy to open the program path via Task Manager on all Windows OS Content: 1. Find the Program
Its really very simple to create administrator CMD prompt on the Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 desktop Use this solution also for Server 2012 and 2008 It is quite
To disable or enable folder grouping in Windows 8 please start the Windows-8 Explorer and turn-off, remove the Folder grouping
To copy folder view settings for all folders in Windows 8.1 or 10, please open the "Folder Options" in this Folder. Open/Start the Explorer [Windows]+[E]
There Is no problem to remove switch user in windows 8, 8.1 or win 10 at / from Logon screen You can use this solution: Auto Logon Windows 8 without
To open the real Desktop folder path in Windows 8, please start the MS-Explorer see image 1
Solutions to disable or enable Windows 8.1, 8 or Windows-10 key click sound for virtual onscreen keyboard or navigation click sound in MS-Explorer, IE 10
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to make windows compatible 8.1 or Win 10?
- Windows 8.1 compatability with Win XP programs?
- Turn off windows program compatibility mode windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- How to open programs in windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- Turn off compatibility mode in windows 8.1?
- How to open a program in compatibility mode?
- How to change. compatible mode from Windows 8.1 to Windows Xp?
- Program Compatibility windows 8.1?
- How to turn off windows program compatibility mode windows 8?
- Will windows 98 programs run on windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- How to run windows 8 mode on windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- How to change from compatibility to normal mode windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- Windows program compatibility mode is on turn it off?
- Server 2012 turn off program compatibility mode?
- How to run older aplication on window 8.1 with pictures?
- How to run windows 98 compatibility mode in 8?
- How to turn off windows program compatibility?
- How can i turn off windows program compatibility win8?
- How do i change compatability mode to normal mode?
- Run program on start win8?
- Run this program in compatibility mode for windows 8.1?
- Okay to transfer ms word 10 from win 7 to win 8.1?
- Compatibility of windows 98?
- Windows 8.1 how turn program impatibility mode?
- Turn off progrsm compsbility in windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- How to disable change from compitability mode to normal mode using window 8.1 or Win 10?
- I have windows 8. 1, How do I change the compatibility mode so that I work in windows 8?
- How to restart Windows 8 programs from compatibility mode to normal mode?
- How change compitability mode to normal mode using window 8.1?
- How to window 8.1 compatiblity mode to normal?
- Windows 8.1 set Texmod in windows XP compatibility mode?
- Win 8 98 compability mode?
- What compatibility mode does windows 8.1 supports?
- Run a program in compatibility mode windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- How to turn off windows compatibility mode windows 8?
- Program properties in win 8 run in compatibility mode?
- Programs no compatability mode on windows 8.1?
- How to run windows 98 programs on windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- How to get into normal mode in windows 8 from compatibility mode?
- Run Programs in Compatibility Mode in windows server 2012?
- How to turn off program compatibility windows 8?
- Changing from capatibility mode to normal mode?
- How to open compatibility settings in windows 8?
- How to turn off windows program compatibility mode in windows 8?
- Compatibility mode windows 8 and Win 8.1 or Win 10?
- Compatability mode in win 8.1 for older programmes?
- Windows Server 2012 run in compatibility mode?
- Compatibility setting windows 8.1?
- Windows 8 switch to compatable mode 98?
- Windows 8.1 how do you get compatibility mode?
- Why does a program try to open from the start pane in windows 8.1?
- How to do compatibility mode on windows 8.1?
- No program execute in window 8.1 or Win 10?
Keywords: windows, eight, 8.1, 10, ten, start, programs, compatibility, mode, 98, Questions, Answers, Software