Start the programs in compatibility mode on Windows 8.1 / 10, how to?
If some program isn't working correctly on your Windows-8/8.1 version, try running in Win-8/10 compatibility mode.
Do this! Open the properties of the corresponding program through a right click of the mouse on the not correct working Program, and then click "Properties" (... see Image 1 Arrow-1) then the Tab "Compatibility" (... see Image 1 Arrow-2) .
In the "Compatibility Mode" group box select the check mark [X] (... see Image 1 Arrow-3) to run the program in compatibility mode (... see Image 1 Arrow-4). And in the selection field (... see Image 1 Arrow-5) select the appropriate operating system. Do not forget to click the "Apply" button (... see Image 1 Arrow-6).
Supported compatibility mode in Win 8/1
Windows 98 / Windows Me,
Windows XP (Service Pack 2),
Windows XP (Service Pack 3),
Windows Vista (Service Pack 1),
Windows Vista (Service Pack 2),
See also: ... Open the Windows 8 program path via Task Manager. /&/ ... Find and open the Program Files folder.
Windows-8 run the not working programs in compatibility mode!
Infos from Microsoft(c):
Runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific previous version of Windows.
- Run in reduced color mode
Uses a limited set of colors in the program. Some older programs are designed to use fewer colors.
- Run in 640 × 480 screen resolution
Runs the program in a smaller-sized window. Try this setting if the graphics for the program appear jagged or are rendered improperly.
- Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
Turns off automatic resizing of programs if large-scale font size is used. Try this setting if large-scale fonts are interfering with the appearance of the program.
- Privilege level
Runs the program as an administrator. Some programs require administrator privileges to run properly. If you aren't signed in to your PC as an administrator, this option is unavailable.
- Change settings for all users
Lets you choose settings that will apply to all users on this computer
You can also open the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter by pressing and holding or right-clicking a program's icon or shortcut on your desktop, and then tapping or clicking Troubleshoot compatibility.
FAQ 98: Updated on: May 17th 2016 14:23
Similar questions and answers in the Faq
| ||How to start windows 8 / 10 in Safe Mode (Diagnostic-, Selective-, Normal- Startup)?
| ||Open and start Internet Explorer always on Windows 8.1 / 10 desktop (disable Metro App)!
| ||How to start directx diagnostic tool in Windows 8.1 / 10 x64/x32 bit (version, find, open)?
| ||Where can I find in Windows 8.1 and 10 allowed programs to communicate through Firewall?
| ||Run Windows 8.1 or 10 explorer in administrative mode (open, call, start, find)?
| ||Start the Device Manager on Windows 8, 8.1 and Win 10 (open, find, run)!
| ||How to control aggressive programs under Windows 8.1, 8 and 10?
| ||How to set in Windows 8 / 10 associations for file type: open with multiple programs or apps?
| ||Can i use the classic Windows XP Explorer.exe in Windows 8.1 / 10?
| ||How to remove switch user in windows 8 (8.1) at Login start screen?
| ||Run in windows 8.1 / 10 (find, dialog, box, start, open)?
| ||Include or exclude in Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 compressed files when searching for files (. ZIP,. CAB, etc.)!
| ||Disable auto start of the speech recognition in Windows 8.1 (turn off)?
... My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- How to turn off windows program compatibility?
- How to make windows compatible 8.1 or Win 10?
- How to open a program in compatibility mode?
- Compatibility setting windows 8.1?
- No program execute in window 8.1 or Win 10?
- How to run older aplication on window 8.1 with pictures?
- Run this program in compatibility mode for windows 8.1?
- Windows program compatibility mode is on turn it off?
- Run a program in compatibility mode windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- How to run windows 8 mode on windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- Turn off compatibility mode in windows 8.1?
- Will windows 98 programs run on windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- Windows 8.1 how turn program impatibility mode?
- Programs no compatability mode on windows 8.1?
- How to open programs in windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- Windows 8 switch to compatable mode 98?
- How to turn off windows program compatibility mode windows 8?
- How do i change compatability mode to normal mode?
- How to do compatibility mode on windows 8.1?
- Turn off progrsm compsbility in windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- Compatability mode in win 8.1 for older programmes?
- How to turn off windows compatibility mode windows 8?
- Windows 8.1 set Texmod in windows XP compatibility mode?
- How to window 8.1 compatiblity mode to normal?
- Okay to transfer ms word 10 from win 7 to win 8.1?
- Windows 8.1 compatability with Win XP programs?
- How to open compatibility settings in windows 8?
- Run program on start win8?
- How to run windows 98 programs on windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- Windows 8.1 how do you get compatibility mode?
- Compatibility of windows 98?
- How to run windows 98 compatibility mode in 8?
- How to restart Windows 8 programs from compatibility mode to normal mode?
- Turn off windows program compatibility mode windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- Windows Server 2012 run in compatibility mode?
- Run Programs in Compatibility Mode in windows server 2012?
- How to turn off program compatibility windows 8?
- Win 8 98 compability mode?
- How can i turn off windows program compatibility win8?
- Program Compatibility windows 8.1?
- Program properties in win 8 run in compatibility mode?
- Server 2012 turn off program compatibility mode?
- How to change from compatibility to normal mode windows 8.1 or Win 10?
- How to turn off windows program compatibility mode in windows 8?
- How to get into normal mode in windows 8 from compatibility mode?
- Why does a program try to open from the start pane in windows 8.1?
- What compatibility mode does windows 8.1 supports?
- How to change. compatible mode from Windows 8.1 to Windows Xp?
- How to disable change from compitability mode to normal mode using window 8.1 or Win 10?
- I have windows 8. 1, How do I change the compatibility mode so that I work in windows 8?
- How change compitability mode to normal mode using window 8.1?
- Changing from capatibility mode to normal mode?
- Compatibility mode windows 8 and Win 8.1 or Win 10?
Keywords: windows, eight, 8.1, 10, ten, start, programs, compatibility, mode, 98, Questions, Answers, Software