Viewing shares, sessions and open files, cmd example?
The command prompt on Windows 11, 10, ... etc. allows you to view / query shared folders and current sessions / open files!
The solution is quite simple with the NET SHARE command, if you do not want to use the standard FsMgmt.msc
Windows Sharing Tool , here is a solution that administrators using via Remote Desktop / Server to for example remote access to a Microsoft Windows Server. But you can test that as a standard user.
The listing of shared folders and devices (printer, scanner, ....)!
The NET SHARE command will make the resources of a server / desktop PC available to network users. When used without options, displays information about all shared folders and other resources (such as printers, scanners, plotters ) on the computer. For each Windows Share component, the devices share names and / or share names of folders and pathnames are displayed.
Listing used shared files!
ID Path Username Qty. the blockages
169 C:\Users\Nenad\Music\Folder1\ Nenad H 0
184 C:\Users\Nenad\Music\Folder1\ Nenad H 0
The command completed successfully.
With NET FILE without specifying arguments, all files being accessed are displayed. You can use parameters to close a shared file and remove the file locks. When used without options, the open files are listed on a Windows machine. The list contains the ID of an open file (FILE ID), as well as the directory of the file, the username it accesses, and the number of locks on the file.
CLOSE closes a file opened by the share and removes file locks.
C:\Windows>NET FILE 184 /CLOSE
The command was executed successfully.
Tip: Enter this command on the Windows machine where the file is shared.
In the help file of ... NET FILE
and .. NET SHARE
you will find the overview of the command parameters and other options.
FAQ 38: Updated on: 2 September 2022 04:59
In Windows you can copy via COPY command without file explorer, files and directories without additional software Start the cmd.exe and use the command
Time controlled Autostart of Windows 11, 10, etc. programs In new Windows OS you can use SCHTASK to start programs at a certain time Start the cmd.exe
Please use Eraser to delete sensitive data. It can also clean digital SD memory cards of all recoverable data As with Linux, Appels Mac OS and other systems
Use redirection operators to redirect or save the results of a command prompt in a file on MS Server OS or Windows 11, 10, As with MAC OS and Linux,
It is very easy to create multiple guest accounts for guest users under Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 7, or Windows Server by using command lines It is not only
The solution is very simple to use a command in PowerShell to check whether a file path or folder path is available The solution is very simple with the test-path command,
Start several programs at the same time via a batch file in order to save several clicks, is very popular on MS Windows 11, 10, desktop and server operating
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Show Windows shares cmd?
- Show cmd shares in the network?
- Does Microsoft i's Shared Folders Administration have an overview of the shares that simultaneously shows all active client connections to this share?
- Show cmd shared folder?
- Show shares in the command prompt?
- Show open files in Server 2019, 2016 ... overview of the currently open files of the Windows share server?
- Access to the share listing to ask the appropriate users to close the files?
- Show cmd sessions?
- Show sessions cmd?
- Show open files and user sessions?
- share cmd?
- Find a file's open session?
- Query shared files cmd?
- folder session?
- Show shared folder cmd?
- Open released file via cmd?
- Shared folder sessions windows 10?
- Show shared folder sessions cmd?
- Recognize shared folder sessions, an overview of all sessions that are currently active?
- Which users have access, an overview of which user has access to which file?
- Where are all the folders and files that are currently accessible to Windows listed in order to determine in real time which user is currently using which file?
- I want to show open files on the Windows server as administrators and know that it is possible to display files opened on the server by the user, what is usually possible on a file server and shares for different folders?
Keywords: windows, console, viewing, shares, sessions, open, files, example, command, prompt, view, query, shared, folders, current, share, Questions, Answers, Software