Find out the computer name via the command prompt or Powershell!
It's easy to find out the computer name using the command prompt or Powershell commands on Windows 11, 10, ... etc.!
You can determine your computer name via the command line with the command hostname , this is also used by power users and administrators on MS Server 2022, 2019, 2016, and it can also be used on desktop operating systems such as Microsoft's Windows 11, 10, 8.1, ... can be used to query the computer name!
1.) Example 1 query via the command prompt!
1. The keyboard shortcut Windows + R
2. run cmd of cmd.exe
3. command: hostname without detours the Windows computer name show
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 3)
in just 3 steps in this If the MS Windows 11/10 computer name is displayed without detours, without having to move the mouse an inch!
| (Image-1) Find out the computer via the command prompt!
2.) Example 2 find out the computer name via the MS Powershell!
1. The keyboard shortcut Windows + R
2. Run the MS PowerShell with command: powershell
3. The command: $env:computername without detours display the Windows computer name
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 3)
Quite simply the query from the computer name under Windows OS!
| (Image-2) Find out the computer name about Powershell on Windows 11
3.) Tips and links to computer names under MS Windows!
A computer name is a unique identifier assigned to each computer and used by IT to locate and connect to a computer for routine maintenance and remote technical support. Computer names are also required for employees who want to access their office machine remotely, such as from home.
All computer names are set up in a standard format that includes location and identification information. You can find out the computer name of a PC by following these steps:
FAQ 93: Updated on: 7 August 2021 16:13
You can find out the mac address physical address of a computer with the getmac command on MS Windows 11, 10, etc. This can also be used to get the
The Shutdown command under MS Windows 11, 10, . + MS Server is one of the most popular PC shutdown or restart command lines To use the command line,
Its easy to enable and disable Remote Desktop from the command line on MS Windows 11, 10, etc. and Server OS The remote desktop can be turned off,
It is easy to find out with PowerShell which app or program is preventing shutdown, standby or hibernation on Windows 11, 10, etc. With all Microsoft
It is easy to delete a partition with Diskpart on all Windows 11, 10, Desktop and MS Server 2022, 2019, operating systems Contents: 1. Deleting
If you want to delete empty folders via command line, here is the command for all Microsofts Windows 11, 10, Desktop and MS Server OS 1. Hold down
Set the maximum password age or the expiration date via Windows PowerShell under MS Windows 11, 10, Desktop and MS Server If your computer is running
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Where can I find out how to use PowerShell to get the computer name?
- In the Windows computer, where is the environment variable with Computer Name?
- I'm not an IT pro need a hands-on tutorial in PowerShell get computer name?
- What command returns the computer name of the local computer?
- I need to find the name of a local or remote Windows computer using PowerShell?
- Query remote computer name of a local computer name or the hostname of one with the IP address? Looking for methods to get a computer name maybe via PowerShell?
- For example, what can I do if I want to find the hostname of the local computer?
- Using PowerShell the windows command interpreter to get a computer name?
- Use PowerShell to get a computer name, to get a computer name?
- If I only use the local computer name to get a computer name?
Keywords: windows, 11, 10, console, find, computer, name, command, prompt, powershell, easy, using, commands, determine, Questions, Answers, Software