How to restore Master Boot Record on Windows XP?
You can easily restore the MBR (Master Boot Record) in Windows XP and bring Win XP back to life.
1.) Repairing the MBR under Windows XP!
1. Insert the Windows XP installation CD into the CD/DVD drive
2. Restart the computer, when selecting the installation press the [R] key "Repair"
(instead of the Enter key for the installation of Windows XP )
3. Then in the console, the command: fixmbr and the command: fixboot c:
4. If the boot partition of XP is on D:\, then of course fixboot d:
It looks like this!
Windows XP setup
This part of the setup program will install the
Microsoft(R) XP prepared on this computer.
* Press ENTER to Windows XP
to install now.
* Press the R key to install
Windows XP using the Recovery Console
* Press the F3 key to cancel the installation,
without installing Windows XP.
2.) More info on repairing MS Windows Desktop and Server!
3.) What should I consider for MBR repairs?
To repair MBR, you need the Windows installation CD/DVD to start your computer because your computer cannot boot from the operating system.
MBR is an essential part when booting the computer. However, if the Windows MBR is corrupted, you need to repair the MBR. And then how can you easily rebuild MBR!
What Causes MBR Defect?
MBR damage can have various causes. It's not always a virus, usually it's a drive error, sometimes it's also caused by a hard-working computer cleanup program, overwriting the MBR or wrong setting.
FAQ 14: Updated on: 20 July 2022 20:42
Disabling Data Execution Prevention DEP is pretty easy in Windows XP PS: the DEP settings have not changed in MS Windows 10, 8.1 and Microsoft Server
In 2004 MS released the Calculator Plus Calc Plus for Windows XP Which is of course free of charge and can also be used on Windows 10, 8.1, 7 and MS
The solution is very simple to adapt the paging file pagefile.sys in Windows XP or MS Server 2000 to 2019 Contents: 1. Adjusting the pagefile.sys in
Is Microsoft Security Essentials sufficient as virus protection for Windows XP and also for Windows Server System 2000/2003? Contents: 1. New information
Since all data on the Windows XP hard drive is irrevocably lost as a result of formatting, all important data should be backed up beforehand. You can undo
In Windows XP Explorer you can open all subfolders with the right shortcut key, is also for new Windows 11, 10, Desktop and other Server Operating Systems
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I gave your Windows 8 download used, unfortunately my Windows XP no longer works, what can I do?
- I have failed installation of Windows 8 how can I restore the master boot record on Windows XP?
Keywords: windows, restore, master, boot, record, easily, bring, back, life, contents, repairing, under, Questions, Answers, Software