Show your own drive icon in the Windows 11, 10, ... Explorer, HDD, SSD, USB!
With many drives in File Explorer, a separate drive icon can be quite helpful under MS Windows 11, 10, 8.1, ...!
Just change the drive icon and name and without Windows Registry Editor, optional to the standard solution for drive letters
1.) Your own drive icon in Explorer!
Not only practical, but also beautiful and individual can be your own drive / hard drive icon in File Explorer!
( ... see image-1 point 1
| (Image-3) Show your own drive icon in the Windows Explorer!
2.) Adjust the symbol for the drive yourself in Windows 11, 10, ...!
1. Start Windows File Explorer
2. Open the path of the drive
3. Right-click on "New" in the drive and click on "Text Document".
4. Rename the file to "autorun.inf" and press Enter.
5. Copy your icon on the drive
6. In the "autorun.inf" create the [autorun] icon and the drive name
7. Immediately appears your custom icon in the file explorer
( ... see picture 2 point 1 to 4
| (Image-2) The changing hard drive icon in Windows 10, 8.1, ...!
3.) What should I watch out for when changing the drive symbol in Windows 11, 10, ...!
If your system does not show files in extension
, you need to open the File tab in Explorer and click the File name extensions option to properly rename the text file to autorun.inf. Otherwise, after renaming the file, you will receive the autorun.inf.txt file, which is incorrect. It can also be helpful to temporarily display the hidden system files
►►... Show extensions
►► ... Show hidden files
You have probably tested many methods and noticed that these methods are not suitable for use and that the symbol changes because the customization was made via the registry, the symbol assigned to a drive letter changes anyway. For this reason, you have the opportunity to achieve the desired result with removable media and external hard drives. This is especially true if you are using multiple external drives and the drive letters change frequently
Updated on: 24 June 2022 07:30
Keywords: explorer, show, your, drive, icon, windows, 10, 11, server, many, drives, quite, helpful, change, easy, name, without, registry, entris
Similar information on the page
It is easy to activate the libraries in File Explorer and see them in all new Windows 11 / 10 OS Info: Libraries were introduced in Windows 11/10 and have
With the Windows 11/10 update it can happen that the CD or DVD drive is not displayed in the file explorer These errors can occur if Windows 11/10 is no
It is quite easy to restore the download folder view in Windows 11 or 10, since it looks different after the update Many Windows 11 and 10 users do not
Its easy to use the File Explorer address bar on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, and Server 2019, 2016, Everyone knows how to activate the full path in the
The quick preview in File Explorer on Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and Server 2019, 2016, is very practical 1. Use Quick Preview in old File Explorer on
It is easy to set files or folders to hidden on MS Windows 11, 10, Desktop and Server Everyone knows how to make the hidden files visible under Windows,
Quite annoying PDF preview, PDF thumbnails Windows 11 and 10 Explorer problem There are many manufacturers of PDF, but very few understand the source code.
You know the practical favorites in Internet Explorer, why not in the navigation area of Windows 11 and 10 File Explorer In Windows 11 and Windows 10,
Different custom and default folder views in the MS Windows 11 and 10 for documents videos, music, pictures are also possible in Windows Explorer Customizing
11 # APPs # Beginner # Desktop # Download # Explorer # File-System # Folder # Hardware # Install # Internet # Media # Monitor # Network # Office # Power-Options # Printer # Quick-Tip # Registry # Search # Security # Settings # Shortcuts # Software # Sound # Store # System # Tips # Update # User #
Questions for this:
- Can I change the Windows Explorer hard drive icon?
- I urgently need a good guide to change the hard drive icon in Windows Explorer?
- Wonder if it is the rule that the Windows Explorer under Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows 11, the symbol of the hard drives has a fixed definition, I have a possibility in Windows Explorer as a Windows user to change the icon or the symbol of the hard drives themselves?
- Now I'm pretty researched and just want to use a separate icon for each drive, where do I have to adjust the value, i.e. a drive icon or do I have to download something from the Internet?
- By default, the HDD or SSD icon shows an Explorer hard disk icon, I am a creative user and would prefer to set up another hard disk icon?
- Is it possible to set up a separate icon for each drive, i.e. that of the hard drives, in Windows Explorer, what is necessary, do I need a Windows registry editor or any path, what do I have to do?