In Windows 11, 10 customize the folders as documents, videos, music, pictures!
Different custom and default folder views in Windows 11 and 10 for documents videos, music, pictures are also possible in Windows Explorer!
Customizing the folder views or using of the predefined five templates of Windows 11/10 File Explorer is a handy function in Windows File Explorer. If you are familiar with this Windows 11/10 feature, where the contents of your folders can be viewed, you may be able to use them better and manage the data better by using the five built-in directory folder templates from File Explorer.
1.) Set folder as one of the folder templates in Windows 10 File Explorer!
1. Start the standard file explorer
2. Navigate / open the relevant folder
3. Right-click and the options: "Customize folder ..."
4. Select all pictures, videos or ...
(... see Image-1 Point 1 and/to 4
5. If you want to use these options in all folders.
6. Simply "View" ► "Options" ► "Apply to all folders"
(... see Image-1 Point 5 to 9
This is an example of the file explorer template of all images folders, change the columns, view options, ... and just save them for all images, documents, .... Repeat for other 5 folder types if necessary!
| (Image-1) In Windows 10 customize the folders as documents, videos, music, pictures!
2.) This should be noted with the folder options documents, pictures, ....!
The folder templates in Windows 11 and 10 can be used quite easily, regardless of whether videos, pictures, or documents and that great expertise in video or film editing techniques must be available.
If you have customized the folder the way you like it best, you can apply to all other folders
your adjustments at any time who should use the same template. With this directory still open in File Explorer, click the right-click menu. Now you can customize the folder. How you make the adjustment is entirely up to you. This example changes the view to show large thumbnails. Windows 10 tries to automatically detect what kind of files are in a folder based on the files they contain and to use the correct template. In folders with mixed file types, Windows usually uses the general folder view items, unless the vast majority of files in that folder fall into one of the other categories.
3.) More information about the folder templates and folder views on Windows 11, 10,..!
There are also third-party software that like to mark pictures in the file explorer view,
it is usually sufficient to make the above setting instructions for all Windows explorers and, if necessary, restart Windows correctly
to ensure that all settings are saved by Windows file explorer.
With one of the major updates it can happen that you have to repeat the problem solving so that all views for folders are set correctly, but that's only 1 to 2 times a year!
Updated on: 2 July 2021 14:03
Keywords: windows, explorer, customize, folders, documents, videos, music, pictures, different, custom, default, folder, views, possible, customizing, using, predefined
Similar information on the page
It is quite easy to select multiple files or folders in Windows Explorer under Windows 10 Select multiple files or folders in MS Windows Explorer. You
It is quite easy to restore the download folder view in Windows 11 or 10, since it looks different after the update Many Windows 11 and 10 users do not
Under Windows 11, 10, 8.1, , simply see the total duration ergo the length of MP3, audio, video files of a folder in the file explorer Everyone has a
With the Windows 11/10 update it can happen that the CD or DVD drive is not displayed in the file explorer These errors can occur if Windows 11/10 is no
With many drives in File Explorer, a separate drive icon can be quite helpful under Windows 11, 10, 8.1, Just change the drive icon and name and without
The quick preview in File Explorer on Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and Server 2019, 2016, is very practical 1. Use Quick Preview in old File Explorer on
It is easy to set files or folders to hidden on MS Windows 11, 10, Desktop and Server Everyone knows how to make the hidden files visible under Windows,
If Windows 11 and 10 File Explorer does not remember the selected objects when navigating, this is quite normal There is currently no solution for Windows
You know the practical favorites in Internet Explorer, why not in the navigation area of Windows 11 and 10 File Explorer In Windows 11 and Windows 10,
11 # APPs # Beginner # Desktop # Download # Explorer # File-System # Folder # Hardware # Install # Internet # Media # Monitor # Network # Office # Power-Options # Printer # Quick-Tip # Registry # Search # Security # Settings # Shortcuts # Software # Sound # Store # System # Tips # Update # User #
Questions for this:
- Find a guide if there are problems with the views of the folders, what should you change, should you immediately deal with the problem with the Windows 10 and Windows 11 folder options after installation, or are the folder options of Windows Explorer located where we put them Can you open folder options and adjust them at any time?
- I have my pictures, videos, downloads and the music on a different hard drive, but after a new installation I have to adjust the folder properties to the content, etc., can you avoid this by adapting all the existing ones in one go?
- I do not want to use Group Policy This PC - to adjust the folders Pictures, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music and Videos I do not want to have permission, so I am not the admin in the company network, however this PC - the folders Pictures, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music and videos important to me, I do not want to adjust each subfolder individually so that you have to adjust all folders images, desktop, documents, downloads, music and videos columns, views here as well as others, the key in the registry cannot be changed by me so now the question can i change the paths for download, music, images, videos without admin rights?
- So search directory view for all folders function, an identical layout of all views or folder types, for example pictures, videos or music, what do I have to do for this process for all folder types to see the desired view anywhere in Windows Explorer?
- Help find the advanced folder options, for example, I can open all of them in one go on Windows 10 and Windows 11 as advanced folder options via Control Panel as Explorer options for General, Images, Files, Documents, ... for all windows in your own way, ideally all folder view, e.g. details or Save list for all folders?