Options of Group by and Sort sabe for Explorer Views on all Windows!
In Windows File Explorer, the option can be changed and is permanent until you change it, or until the MS Autoupdate.
With the Quad Explorer
you can accomplish this by creating a Q-Dir favorite, When creating Favorites all 4 directories are considered, as well as the current view, grouping and sorting, no matter if it is a Windows desktop, tablet, Surface Pro / Go, or even a server operating system is! Starting with a favorite setting is very popular among the Q-Dir users, so all four File Explorer lists views and other settings will be saved.
Tip: ► ... permanently switch off the grouping!
Not only the view settings but also the window position and column settings can be saved here.
1. Single Explorer window size and position
2. View order, grouping, columns, sorting, .....
3. Q-Dir window placement (Maximized, .....)
4. Color theme
| (Image-1) Favorites save settings in Q-Dir, grouping, columns, sorting, .....!
If you save the Explorer views, a new file will be created, the dialog Open new file appears, or in this case save new file dialog, where you can save the * .qdr files. On the left side, in the navigation pane, are displayed default locations, or places that are easily accessible, such as desktop, computer, images, and so on.
However, since you have selected Save to Desktop, Desktop Directory will be opened to save the, or the favorite with the desired folder settings. In Windows 8, or Windows 10, a shortcut named folder will appear, so do not be irritated, you can also use it to save your favorite settings. If necessary, you can save the desired custom favorites in the Q-Dir Favorites folder.
Updated on: 15 June 2020 11:24
Keywords: options, group, sort, sabe, explorer, views, windows, file, option, changed, permanent, until, change, autoupdate, with, quad, accomplish
Similar information on the page
If you want to rank Quad-Directory Explorer Q-Dir as a trusted application on all MS Windows 11, 10 OS Of course, a file manager can not work without access
The solution how to restore Windows Explorer as the default file manager for all folders Please start Q-Dir and deactivate the option in Q-Dir
Navigate easily through the file explorer menus and change the settings or start a file action Content: 1. Quickly change the settings in relation
To open folders in Q-Dir from MS Windows File Explorer simply activate this option on all Windows Desktops 11, 10, etc. and Server OS Content: 1.
Its easy to rename multiple files, is the same rename action like in the MS-File-Explorer also in Q-Dir 1. renaming of multiple files with one command
Grouping of file objects is possible according to 32 in Windows 10 or 11 over 300 criteria, but by default only 4 or five are available: Name, Size, Type,
The current font makes the explorer panels appear cluttered, and there is no option to change it Content: 1. Change Font Face Name / Font Family is
Opening a new empty tab pleas Pressing Ctrl + T and it will open a new tab in all file explorers See also: ►► Can the individual tabs also be moved in order?
The automatic column width in the Quad Explorer on Windows is like in the system file explorer Contents: 1. The automatic column width 2. More
See also : ... Q-Dir FAQ
Back to : ... Q-Dir Homeage
3D.Benchmark.OK # AlwaysMouseWheel # AutoHideDesktopIcons # AutoPowerOptionsOK # ClassicDesktopClock # DesktopDigitalClock # DesktopNoteOK # DesktopOK # DontSleep # ExperienceIndexOK # Find.Same.Images.OK # FontViewOK # GetPixelColor # GetWindowText # Internet # IsMyHdOK # KeepMouseSpeedOK # NewFileTime # OpenCloseDriveEject # PhotoResizerOK # Q-Dir # QuickMemoryTestOK # QuickTextPaste # ShortDoorNote # StressMyPC # System # TheAeroClock # Tools # Version # WinScan2PDF #
Questions for this:
- > It seems that Microsoft changes the folders default (especially) the download folder to have Group by and Sort by to a default of date instead of none. On the Windows File Explorer the option can be changed and it became permanent until you change it but it seems that QDIR is not been able to handle the change done by MS. When I change the options of Group by and Sort by to the previous default as soon as I click again the download folder it revert to the MS new default. I like QDIR and it is convenient but it is awkward to try to work on the folders with Group by option with a date default.?
- I want a function to save the folder grouping The grouping keeps deactivating, what have I done wrong?
- However, it appears that QDIR cannot process the changes made by MS. If I change the Group By and Sort By options to the previous standard, the download folder will revert to the new MS standard as soon as I click the download folder again. I like QDIR and it is practical, but it is cumbersome to try to edit the folders using the group by option with a date standard. It seems that Microsoft is changing the default folder (especially) of the download folder so that Group By and Sort By are set to a default date instead of none.?
- So now for your understanding, the file grouping is activated, it looks like this to me, does not want to work without grouping, from now on I want the files to be displayed again with the date they were created, I want to use this function again and again, I have to tick set in groups or how differently set?
- Wonder if I can save the file explorer grouping without deactivating on Windows 10, depending on the setting, the files are grouped in a folder in the file explorer, now my shy question, this file explorer grouping can be based on various criteria such as name, modification date etc. so that it fits again at the start.?
- Search for this file explorer grouping setting, so for example I start the grouping setting by date is that again and correct as I need it, can I achieve this or is it impossible?