Total length of the media in an Explorer column under Windows 10, 8.1, ...!
It is quite helpful to see the overall time / length of the media mp3, audio, video files in an Explorer column under Windows!
The solution is in Quad Explorer Q-Dir from Ver. 7.88 and was created at the request of Windows Explorer users on Windows 10, the elegant solution of the total length of the playing time was a many user request but is also understandable if you have many audiobook folders with mp3 chapters and these can read in the file bar What is the total playing time (total playing time of the folder) of this audiobook?
1.) Total playing time, total duration, total audio time from the folder, however!
1. Start file explorer Q-Dir
2. And activate the column length
3. Hold down the Ctrl key
4. and briefly click on the "Length" column with the left mouse button
5. Without detours, the total playing time of a folder is recorded and displayed
This option can be very time-consuming to deactivate repeat Ctrl + left mouse click
. It is only valid for the tab in which it was activated!
| (Image-1) Total length of the media in an Explorer column under Windows 10, 8.1!
2.) What should I consider in this function and what else is coming?
Currently I'm working on more columns. Gambling for suggestions I'm open, is so to speak a functioning beta solution to get an overview of the total length of the audio and video, which also works with current Windows in a roundabout way but not so convenient! This is currently valid for the current Q-Dir session because I want to test it a while and make sure file management does not suffer for any reason.
3.) What about the duration column on Windows 10?
I can not say for sure, but I believe that there are two reasons. First, MS had many problems with the duration column in XP. The problem is that the duration is actually part of the metadata in these files. This means that you can enter any value for the duration. The other problem is more general. For many formats, the duration field is eliminated because the translation is difficult. Many languages do not have their own word, which means "length of time". They only use "length", which caused great confusion for these users!
Updated on: 17 May 2021 14:25
Keywords: total, length, media, explorer, mp3, flack, column, under, windows, 10, helpful, overall, time, audio, video, files, solution, quad
Similar information on the page
It is easy and useful to use and modify the improved Quad Explorer file preview on MS Windows 11, 10, and MS Server Info: In Quad Explorer you have
If you want to rank Quad-Directory Explorer Q-Dir as a trusted application on all MS Windows 11, 10 OS Of course, a file manager can not work without access
It is easy to watch video files directly in the Quad Explorer even under Windows 10/11 Under Windows 10, mkv, avi, divx, mp4, videos will play smoothly,
Especially under Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and 7, there is currently a problem with the background color and the selection in Explorer and tree structure If you
Changing from focus to another view / Explorer on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, and Server 2019, 2016, 2012, Some users ask how you can switch between the
Under Windows 11, 10, 8.1, , simply see the total duration ergo the length of MP3, audio, video files of a folder in the file explorer Everyone has a
Under Windows 11, 10, 8.1, it is easy to copy or move files without directories Especially when you import photos from your camera, or SD card via or
For many user is the Quad-Explorer top address bar in all Windows a good solution to the 4 address bars in Explorer Views In each version of Windows, you
Under Windows 11, 10, 8.1, Number of objects, directory size, size information and information in the status bar Simple and fast object counting: The
See also : ... Q-Dir FAQ
Back to : ... Q-Dir Homeage
3D.Benchmark.OK # AlwaysMouseWheel # AutoHideDesktopIcons # AutoPowerOptionsOK # ClassicDesktopClock # DesktopDigitalClock # DesktopNoteOK # DesktopOK # DontSleep # ExperienceIndexOK # Find.Same.Images.OK # FontViewOK # GetPixelColor # GetWindowText # Internet # IsMyHdOK # KeepMouseSpeedOK # NewFileTime # OpenCloseDriveEject # PhotoResizerOK # Q-Dir # QuickMemoryTestOK # QuickTextPaste # ShortDoorNote # StressMyPC # System # TheAeroClock # Tools # Version # WinScan2PDF #
Questions for this:
- How do I permanently change column settings in Windows Explorer?
- Windows explorer categories?
- Windows explorer show video length?
- Simply see the total duration ergo the length of MP3,with Alternate Explorer you can see this in a column!?
- Windows 10 file explorer size all columns to fit default?
- Windows Explorer integrated media file information?
- See total folder duration mp3 file and video in quad explorer on windows?
- Set default columns in windows explorer windows 10?
- How to Change Column Settings in Quad Windows Explorer?
- Of multiple movies and videos the amount duration query?
- Can the data be viewed in another program, such as media player?
- Any folder with MP3s will display a column for Length but the column will remain?
- How do I calculate the duration of multiple video clips?
- I am looking for a quick way to view many of my videos in a directory or project.? Let me explain why I wanted this feature back. I have tons of audiobooks, almost all of them MP3s, some with chapters of different lengths, just 2.30 or 3:33 minutes, and with a total playing time of 15 or 11 hours. I create an index with the name of the author, the book title and the total playing time. It is out of the question to count several hundred files manually to determine the total playing time.?
- I'm looking for a Windows Explorer extension dll that would add such media information columns as sound len?
- Set default columns explorer?
- How to get duration to show in Windows Quad Explorer column?
- Save columns in explorer?
- Windows 10 Explorer How to change the columns?
- Windows 10 how do i display mp3 file duration in file explorer column?
- Total length of the media in an Explorer column under Windows 10?
- The information you are wanting is actually in the Length column?
- Total media length folder query explorer in columns on Windows 10!?
- Windows explorer column view?
- Article describes how to change the column settings in Q-Explorer?
- These are the available columns that can be configured individually for the MP3 Details?
- Windows explorer column last modified by?
- Anyway to get total length of videos from a folder?
- Explorer how to shows length and bitrate answers?
- How do I get the total duration of a bunch of tiny video?
- Search the whole site Windows 10 i tried to find a way to reinstall Windows Explorer but there doesn't seem to be that option anywhere.?
- How do I change the default column width in File Explorer?
- Enabled by default in Q-Dir Explorer set length colums?
- Windows Explorer Length column does not display answers?
- How do I change the column settings in Windows Explorer?
- I am looking for a program that can give me the total length of a micro-SD recorded with many * .flac files (in ONE subdirectory). I downloaded your version of Q-Dir offered on the internet, but that is version 7.85, and your page states that the "length" feature that this may be is not present until version 7.88.?