Using the File Explorer address bar in Windows 11 and 10!
It's easy to use the File Explorer address bar on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, ... and Server 2019, 2016, ...!
Everyone knows how to activate the full path in the title bar of the file explorer on Windows 11/10
. By default, File Explorer shows the breadcrumbs in the address bar. Breadcrumbs show the hierarchy path of folders to which the current folder path was navigated. Context navigation buttons are available for each of these buttons, which can be used to access all the locations connected to them.
Using the File Explorer address bar on Windows 11 ans 10!
The address bar at the top of File Explorer shows the path of the currently selected folder. (... see Image-1 Point 1
Drop-down menus in File Explorer are available for each subfolder in the address bar. This way, you can easily navigate forward or backward in the folder path by clicking the right arrow next to a folder and selecting a subfolder from the drop-down menu.
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 4
Sometimes you may just want to show the full path of the current folder in the address bar instead. Then just press the shortcut F4!
| (Image-1) Using the File Explorer address bar!
Updated on: 2 July 2021 13:58
Keywords: 2016, 2019, explorer, using, file, address, windows, 10, 11, easy, server, everyone, knows, activate, full, path
Similar information on the page
It is easy to activate the libraries in File Explorer and see them in all new Windows 11 / 10 OS Info: Libraries were introduced in Windows 11/10 and have
Under Windows 10 it is easy to start the search with and without subfolders in File Explorer Tipp ► with and without subfolders in Windows 11 Explorer
It is easy to set files or folders to hidden on MS Windows 11, 10, Desktop and Server Everyone knows how to make the hidden files visible under Windows,
The search for the change time can be made quite easily in Windows 11 or 10 MS File Explorer You have probably discovered Windows Search indexing , which
If the thumbnails / thumbnails are not displayed in File Explorer on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, or MS Server You have probably already deleted and reset the
It is not uncommon for the symbols or icons to be displayed incorrectly in File Explorer in Windows 11, 10, 8.1, and Server 2019, 2016, 1.
Under Windows 11, 10, 8.1, , simply see the total duration ergo the length of MP3, audio, video files of a folder in the file explorer Everyone has a
It is quite easy to restore the download folder view in Windows 11 or 10, since it looks different after the update Many Windows 11 and 10 users do not
The quick preview in File Explorer on Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and Server 2019, 2016, is very practical 1. Use Quick Preview in old File Explorer on
11 # APPs # Beginner # Desktop # Download # Explorer # File-System # Folder # Hardware # Install # Internet # Media # Monitor # Network # Office # Power-Options # Printer # Quick-Tip # Registry # Search # Security # Settings # Shortcuts # Software # Sound # Store # System # Tips # Update # User #
Questions for this:
- Are you looking for a path entry, e.g. computer, libraries, desktop, in order to quickly switch from one place to the next?
- Do the navigation buttons, forward and back buttons for navigation steps find the small arrow button to jump several steps forward or backward?
- A real address where the folder is located on a data carrier in the free area in the address bar?
- I don't need tips on Windows Explorer, so I don't need to manage the navigation area and favorites, I want to make better use of the address bar in Windows Explorer, the address bar is used for several useful things or, apart from the path or address of the current folder in the address bar read?
- I don't see the current path in the address in the address bar, but does every folder have a path on the data carrier?
- Help, what are the two buttons as part of the address bar for what can you do with these two buttons?
- I want to navigate using the address bar again, can I also navigate using the address bar?
- Enter the address in the address bar to open a drive or folder, can I enter the address directly in the address bar?
- How can I see the folders below in a list on the system using the arrow keys on the keyboard or enter the complete address?
- I am looking for an additional address bar to better navigate the folder structure, and to use the buttons in the address bar better and not just enter the address directly?