Disable Grouping in File Explorer on Windows 10!
The solution is very easy to disable the grouping in File Explorer under Windows-10!
1.) Disable Grouping in File Explorer on Windows 10!
Please start in the Windows-10 file explorer, the fastest way, for example, via Windows logo + E
shortcut , if you have started the MS-Explorer in Windows-10 and the files and folders are displayed in groups.
Just press the View tab.
| (Image-1) Disable Grouping in File Explorer!
Open in MS Explorer view
settings, just select Group by
and change it to (None). Now in this folder or directory is no longer grouped. If you need the grouping again, just repeat the process and adjust the grouping to your individual needs.
Tip: In addition to the grouping, you can also make additional settings via MS Explorer and simply:
| (Image-2) Disable Grouping in File Explorer!
| (Image-3) Folder Option File Explorer!
How to disable Grouping in File-Explorer on Windows 10?
2.) Grouping Solution from a Q-Dir User for Download Folder Explorer and Q-Dir!
It should be permanent. (or at least persist until you change it again).
Are you always navigating to the folder the same way? This PC > Downloads can have a different saved view than This PC > C: > Users > > Downloads. And each path can save different settings for Explorer windows vs. Common Dialogs.
Otherwise, some troubleshooting is in order. Ever used PowerShell? You can launch a PowerShell window by right-clicking Start or pressing Winkey+X and selecting Windows PowerShell. Then copy & paste the following command. It will return a number indicationg the total # of saved views:
((gp "HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU").Nodeslots).count
The run this command to see if you have any custom templates saved:
If that returns 'True', run the following command and copy & paste the results in your reply:
(gi 'HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Defaults').GetValueNames() |
Updated on: 26 July 2021 06:25
Keywords: explorer, disable, grouping, file, windows, 11, 10, solution, very, easy, under, windows-10, content
Similar information on the page
The search for the change time can be made quite easily in Windows 11 or 10 MS File Explorer You have probably discovered Windows Search indexing , which
If Windows 11 and 10 File Explorer does not remember the selected objects when navigating, this is quite normal There is currently no solution for Windows
On some Windows computers after update the fonts in the file explorer are partly displayed wrong, the solution is simple Content: 1. The File Explorer
Under Windows 10 it is easy to start the search with and without subfolders in File Explorer Tipp ► with and without subfolders in Windows 11 Explorer
Its easy to use the File Explorer address bar on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, and Server 2019, 2016, Everyone knows how to activate the full path in the
The quick preview in File Explorer on Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and Server 2019, 2016, is very practical 1. Use Quick Preview in old File Explorer on
Navigation area Change in Windows Explorer that the folder is highlighted under Windows 11 / 10 The very popular navigation area function to mark the current
Windows 10, as a good operating system for every user, has many settings to apply, but there are a variety of hidden commands. It is very convenient
With MS Windows 11/10 you can start the error checking of the disk quite fast via the file explorer, by simply starting the Microsoft Explorer with the [Windows
11 # APPs # Beginner # Desktop # Download # Explorer # File-System # Folder # Hardware # Install # Internet # Media # Monitor # Network # Office # Power-Options # Printer # Quick-Tip # Registry # Search # Security # Settings # Shortcuts # Software # Sound # Store # System # Tips # Update # User #
Questions for this:
- Can I Disable or Enable File Grouping in File Explorer?
- Disable Grouping in File Explorer!?
- How To Disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10 and Windows 11 or Disable group by in Downloads folder?
- How do I disable grouping by date for files in Download?
- How to disable Group By Folder View in Windows 10 and Windows 11 Explorer?
- How do I turn off grouping in Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How to remove folder groups in windows 10 and Windows 11 or turn off to group folders in ms file explorer?
- How to disable file groups in Open dialogs in Windows or Disable File Grouping in File Explorer?
- How to remove collapse / expand group in folder?
- Is heer a procedure to hide or remove folders grups in Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- How do I turn off groups in File Explorer?
- Group by none, But in all kind of on an empty field in the file list, for example, right-clicking to select Group By?
- In Windows 10 and Windows 11 version may group files automatically about Windows Explorer?
- How to disable Windows Explorer's, Windows 10 and Windows 11 quick access does not group items?
- How To Disable OneDrive Groupinf and Remove it File Explorer in?
- How To disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10 and Windows 11, how to remove?
- It is a relatively simple and straightforward method that will work?
- More images for Disable Grouping in File Explorer?
- Windows stop grouping files by date or this pc group by, disable groups?
- Can I get rid of collapsible groups within a folder in Microsoft or general To disable or enable folder grouping in Windows?
- How to disable file grouping for all the folders in Windows 10 and Windows 11?
- I search for related tips to Disable Grouping in File Explorer, can i disable group by in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- Search for a Tutorial how to Change Group by Folder View in Windows 10 and Windows 11, ot To turn off Group By completely?
- In Exlorer is Group Devices and Drives in File System File Explorer, How to remove the grouping so all listed in details?
- Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder ... 1 post 20 Aug 2019?
- I am search for a best way to turn off Grouping behavior in windows file explorer, Enable or Disable Folder or How to Make Windows 10 and Windows 11's File Explorer Look Like Windows XP?
- I would like to make file grouping universally disabled across MS Windows 10 and Windows 11 system?
- How to Disable Group By in Windows 10 and Windows 11 Video?
- I was able to disable this in the File Explorer itself by choosing?
- Disable Sorting and Grouping Files in Files and Folders Managing?
- Disable File Grouping in Explorer, how do I stop File Explorer from opening on startup?
- Disable group by in Downloads folder?
- Windows file explorer ungroup or windows 10 and Windows 11 file explorer do not group by date?
- How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10 and Windows 11 and turn off File grouping for only one folder?
- Searches related to Disable Grouping in File Explorer and how to remove collapse group in windows 10 and Windows 11?
- I want always group by type in windows 10 and Windows 11, and how to remove collapse groups?
- Windows file manager grouping or how to remove earlier this year in file explorer?
- It's easy to disable File Grouping per folder on the contents of any folder Group by and select None?
- How do I remove a group from my Downloads folder?
Link me |
Windows 2021 | Windows 10 |
| ► Change or ad the language for the keyboard layout in Windows 8.1/10? ◄
► Open the command prompt in the Windows 11 Terminal APP! ◄
► Useful for Windows 11, 10, ... Files and Folder Copy and Paste Actions! ◄
► Access quick links, find the folder in file explorer views, how to! ◄
► Difference between autorun and autostart? ◄
► Who needs this Pixel Tester for Windows (10, 8.1, 7, or 11)? ◄
► Get a grip on hanging programs and apps as administrator! ◄
► What are the advantages and disadvantages of exFat in Windows 10, 8.1, 7, ...? ◄