What printer drivers can I use for Windows 11?
Printer drivers are always an important point, also under Windows 11, it is also possible to use older printer drivers if it is the right one!
1.) Windows 11 has a good recognition even with older printers!
In the device manager you can also update old printers if necessary and see whether everything is OK, why not take a look at the Windows 11 peripheral devices?
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 6)
With old HP, CANNON, EPSON, ... it can be more complex, but not impossible!
In case of problems: ► Install very old printers on Windows 11!
| (Image-1) Printer driver under Windows in the device manager!
2.) Install very old printers on Windows 11!
I got my old HP-Laser-Jet III and the HP LJ 4 to work, the parts are unbreakable. Probably still working 100 years from now!
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 4)
Easy via shell:PrintersFolder
The full instructions: ►► HP Laserjet III, 4, 5, Plus, driver x64, x32, Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7!
| (Image-2) Install and use HP LaserJet III and 4 Plus on Windows 11!
3.) Why are older printers no longer supported?
The fact is that no manufacturer is enthusiastic about using 20-year-old printers, after all they want to sell new devices, but that's understandable. But when it comes to the environment and energy efficiency aspects, such thoughts are of course completely wrong, but since it is not the task of the manufacturers, one has to call it unfortunately, because they are not responsible for disposal or anything else.
In short, in any case these old devices are no longer on the list of supporter devices and therefore not available in the Windows 11 standard driver package, they are sometimes listed but the installation is difficult, here in the FAQ under point 2, you can get pretty much any printer running under Windows 11 in a roundabout way.
FAQ 166: Updated on: 3 October 2022 19:00
It is quite easy to adjust which desktop icons should be displayed under Windows 11 and which should not 1. Customizing the Windows 11 desktop standard
What to watch out for with Windows 11 and when logging in without an internet connection and when it works For offline installation and offline PCs without
It is easy to calibrate the touch screen under Windows 11, why not, if these have been correctly recognized by Windows, it is possible at any time 1.
The Dynamic Lock available in Win 11 works very well and its handy to increase security on Windows 11 when you are out of reach of the PC 1. The Windows
Airplane mode deactivates all wireless communication on your Windows 11 PC, which can be annoying on the desktop PC, which is rarely on the plane 1.
Enlarging or shrinking the taskbar under Windows 11 is only possible via a registry hack to make the taskbar larger or smaller The size of the Windows
Yes you can install Windows 11 on Virtual Box, you should download and install the latest version from Oracle VirtualBox.org Unfortunately, Windows 11 does
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Does Windows 11 have new printer driver features or are there no printer driver changes expected?
- Does Windows 11 compatible printer have problems, or is it OS version that has complete printer compatibility without problems?
- Does my printer work with Windows 11 without any problems Microsoft Win 11 is based on Windows 10?
- Windows 11 printer basics, can all work as usual without any compatibility issues, if the current printer is supported by Windows 10, does it meet the requirements for Windows 11?
- Can I upgrade to Windows 11 if I have an old HP printer or is it not recommended?
- Compatibility of Windows 11 and printer manufacturers along with old printers, scanners and such?
- Should I be concerned, have a USB connected Brother, might this printer have problems with Windows 11 or will it work?
Keywords: windows, 11, what, printer, drivers, important, point, possible, older, right, Questions, Answers, Software