Share Files and folders without Password on MS Windows-7, how to?
The solution to Share Files and folders without entering the Password for MS Windows 7 or 8.1 Computer!
The solution here is also for Windows 8.1, 8 and Windows Server 2008, 2012!
1. Please change the Work-Group on all Computers to the same name!
See this: .... change Computer name and workgroup name (settings) in Windows 7!
for Windows-XP and 8.1: ... change Windows-8 and Win 8.1 Computer Name, Workgroup and Domain settings!
2. Turn off password protected sharing in Advanced sharing settings!
Open the Home Group settings in Windows-7 via Run-Dialog command: control /name Microsoft.HomeGroup and click the text "Change advanced sharing settings... " (... see Image-1 Arrow-1)
In the Advanced sharing settings please disable password protection (... see Image-2 Arrow-1 and 2) and Save Changes!
Important: please use for correct aces for example from Windows-XP, share permission the user "Everyone".
See this: ... Share It With the home network group!
Don't forget set the folder permissions also for "Everyone"
See: ► ... permission for Everyone NTFS.
| (Image-1) Change advanced sharing settings on Windows-7!
| (Image-2) Share Files and folders without Password on Windows-7 (Turn-off)!
Use Windows-7 Advanced sharing settings to change settings for network discovery, file and printer sharing, public folder sharing, password-protected sharing on Windows-7, and Homegroup connection management.
The easiest way to share files on a Win-7 home network is to create or join a Home Group.
The homegroup is a collection of PCs that share pictures, music, videos, documents, and even printers. A computer must be running Windows 7 to participate in a homegroup.
It is easy to to Set File and Folder Permissions in Windows, which prevents unauthorized access to files and folders. Every user has their own user profile and own set of permissions, this example is not only for Windows 7 it is also suitable for Windows 11, 10 , 8.1, 8, 7: Pro, Home, Enterprise, Basic, Premium, Professional, Starter, Ultimate, Windows-Server 2019, 2016, 2012 and a very useful possibility to change the sharing settings!
FAQ 104: Updated on: 16 November 2022 20:25
Change the Homegroup Password on Windows-7 or 8.1, very simple to change, the fastest solution To change homegroup example here is also for Windows 8.1,
The solution is simple to Set the folder permissions for Everyone on Windows 10, 8.1, 7, .. and MS Server 2016, 2019
The solution is simple, to change the Attributes of a file or folder in Windows-7 or Windows 8.1 e.g. 8 Start the MS-Explorer, for example via keyboard
The solution is simple to disable or enable Turn Off/On Task-Bar Thumbnail Preview of Windows in Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 / 8 or new Windows 10 Content:
To use Send-To feature to add Programs to Send-To Shell Context Menu in Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 is very simple and useful Please run command prompt via
The solution is simple to create Character Map Desktop-Shortcut to insert a special character into a document in Windows 7 or 8.1, and Windows 10 Please
The solution is simple to see if Service Pack 1 is installed on your Windows 7 or not If you want to see the version of Windows 7 and installed Service-Pack
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Windows 8.1 share folder without password?
- Windows 7 sharing without password?
- Enable simple sharing in Win 7?
- Windows sharing without password?
- Widows file sharing without password?
- Windows 8.1 sharing without password?
- Windows 7 simple file sharing?
- Widows file sharing without password set like under windows XP?
- Deactivate password protected sharing windows 10 registry?
- Password protected sharing windows 10 registry?
- Share folders without password windows 8.1?
- Windows 8.1 sharing without password is not possible?
- Windows 8.1 file sharing without password?
- Windows 7 Embedded printer sharing without password?
- Www.einfach freiabe.de?
- Share folder win 8 without password?
- Easy sharing?
- Windows 7 enable sharing without password in the network?
- Enable win 7 without password?
- Sharing file without password?
- Windows 7 printer sharing without password is not possible?
- Windows 7 share folder or drive without ifs and buts?
- Windows7 release without password?
- Deactivate password-protected sharing.?
- Disable password protected public sharing windows server 2008?
- Share folder without password windows 7?
- Change computer name and workgroup Windows Server 2008 ?
- Windows 7 share folders without password?
- How to shaer documents in windows 8 without password?
Keywords: share, files, folders, without, password, windows, seven, eight, 8.1, Questions, Answers, Software