Load and save the Windows 10 start menu with PowerShell!
It is easy to load or save (backup / restore) the Windows 10 start menu with PowerShell!
Not suitable for Windows 11!
In Windows 10, Microsoft changed the Start menu, which is considered as positive by many users. Compared to the start menu in earlier Windows versions, the new menu has been improved and offers the option of fixing with live tiles from modern apps and desktop programs. You can customize the Start menu in Windows 10
by pinning various items to the left or right of the menu and changing its height by resizing it from the top.
After you've customized it to your liking, it's a good idea to make a backup of your Start menu layout so that you can restore the layout later after reinstalling Windows, or if your Start menu settings are accidentally reset. Here are the two commands how to save and load it.
1.) Saving and loading!
Export-StartLayout -Path "$env:UserProfile\Desktop\StartLayout.xml"
Import-StartLayout -Path "$env:UserProfile\Desktop\StartLayout.xml"
| (Image-1) Load and save the Windows 10 start menu with PowerShell!
2.) More tips on the topic and Co.!
FAQ 61: Updated on: 26 August 2023 10:30
Its easy to use PowerShell to check if a file exists in Windows or not, why not when the solution is so simple Contents: 1. Check if file is available
The autocomplete in the command prompt and PowerShell is a handy feature in MS Windows 11, 10, 8.1, Desktop and Server OS Everyone knows the autocomplete
Its easy to get the CPU processor information from the command prompt on all MS Windows Operating Systems On Windows, anyone can find out the hardware
You can query the installed Windows versions with PowerShell or a command prompt without much effort Everyone knows how to find out the Windows version
Via the MS Windows OS command prompt, you can also find file comparisons and identical files via the cmd.exe command line There are great third-party tools
Here is the fastest way to open a command prompt in the desired directory in Microsoft File Explorer Once you are more comfortable with the Command Prompt,
Its easy to do auto FTP uploads from the Windows Command Prompt in MS Windows 11, 10, 8.1, Desktop or Microsoft Server OS 1. Establish a connection
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Any Windows 10 tips to fix the start menu, restore?
- Where is the backup of the Windows 10 start menu saved with the information about the start menu, and so that I can backup and restore so that I don't have to sort the tiles when I move them and just use the backup from the start menu?
- I'm looking for a tip or trick for Windows 10 to save and restore tile layout?
- Can I restore the start menu and old tile arrangement without rebooting how can I restore it?
- I have the problem that the start menu is always reset, I'll describe the problem like this. All tiles that I placed in this way are gone again, I don't want to use a free tool as a backup of the start menu layout for this, I already know that, especially since downloaded third-party providers are not my thing, so a simple start menu backup for Windows 10 as a script?
- Wondering about start menu layout backup software to backup and restore start menu settings on Windows 10?
Keywords: windows, 10, console, load, save, start, menu, powershell, backup, restore, suitable, microsoft, Questions, Answers, Software