Do you want to restore the icons on Windows start / login?
You can start Desktop-OK with Windows and Auto Restore the Desktop-Icon Layout at Windows Start!
content / how to:
And it does not matter whether it is Windows 10 or Windows 8.1, 7, ... or Microsoft's Server 2019 and Web Server 2016, 2012, ..., a short how to!
1.) Save when shutting down and restoring at system startup.
To start DesktopOK with Windows, the option "Start DesktopOK with Windows" must be activated.
If the icons (icon layout) are to be saved on shutdown, the option "Save by Windows Shutdown" must be activated.
Similarly, if the icon layout is to be restored when Windows is started, the option "Restore by Windows Startup".
See also: Restore Desktop Icons Problem in DesktopOK |&| maximize the number of windows desktop icon
Please always use ... the latest version of DesktopOK.
| (Image-1) Restore the icons at Windows startup!
2.) The save the icons at program end and restoring at program start.
From DesktopOK version 4.61, you can use this icon layout auto save function.
2. in Options (... see Image-2 Arrow-2
entry will be created and used to restore the icon positions.
| (Image-2) Restore and save the desktop icons at Program start!
FAQ 3: Updated on: 9 June 2020 15:56
It is easy to start the Freeware Desktop Icon Restore for Windows minimized and /or always minimized To-Tray in Windows Desktop-Tray Bar. Info: DesktopOK
Yes, you can use command line to save or load the desktop icons layout directly from a file From DesktopOK 1.57 an higher. For example SAVE TO FILE: DesktopOK.exe
It is / anti sort, chaos, unsort, confused, disorder and it does not matter whether it is Windows 10, 8.1 or Microsoft Windows Server OS
Yes, DesktopOK has this save option for the correct layout naming for multi-screens and virtual desktop, via menu, menu-point Save Options. Info: At 1.75
At DesktopOK 1.71 it is possible to save the DesktopOK settings and Desktop Icons Layout in The Windows Registry Similarly, one can now optionally rename
It is very easy to switch / change the Language in DesktopOK to English or to Other Language. Is the same version or download. Please start the DesktopOK.
You must activate the Auto-Save feature in DesktopOK , and it does not matter whether it is, Windows 10, 8.1, or MS Server 2019, OS Info: Easy
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- Desktop change icons layout on windows 10?
- How to set all icon in windows 10 whit my own layout?
- Prevent change the desktop icons position on windows 10 and 8.1?
- Windows 10 change icons layout of the desktop icons at login?
- I have desktop ok on my (now windows 10) computer. It simply doesn't work & so frustrating when computer RESTARTS (usually after windows updates) it simply doesn't restore...?
- How to modifying icon layout on Windows 10 Desktop?
- How restore desktop icons at windows 10 start?
- Prevent Auto arrange of icons and desktop symbols between windows 10 starts?
- Is there a way to run DesktopOK at startup with the restore option. My Icons are all over the place at startup, and I have tried every hint on the web that I can find to fix it.?
- Can I restore the desktop icons at windows 10 start?
- Help the desktop icons layout lost at windows 10 start?
- Icons on Desktop on Windows 10, position changes every login and start?
- Hello, I am using Desktop OK with Windows 10 x64. I tried to save desktop icons, but when I click to restore them after an update, they were all went to the left side of the screen. Is there any compatibility problem or something?
- Could this be because 4.15 doesn't work with windows 10? Is there a way to automatically update? I figured I would just try downloading the newer version... But when I tried, after download and extracting, it still opens up old version (perhaps I need to delete the old first?
- How do save layout between icons on the desktop in windows 10 for next Login or user switch?
- Windows 10 customize desktop icons for next start?
- Solutions to restore the desktop icons or symbols at windows 10 start!?
- How to save icon spacing and position on Windows 10 or 8.1?
- Windows 10 change desktop icons?
Keywords: desktopok, restore, desktop, icons, windows, starupt, 10, 8.1, seven, Questions, Answers, Software