Can I map a network drive under Windows 11?
Mapping a network drive under Windows 11, 10, ... is easy, so that frequently used network paths under Windows 11 can be used like a drive in the file explorer!
Not only Windows administrators
, but also users with the necessary rights, can quickly connect to a NAS, FTP server, or other network shares in order to be able to access a folder in the network as a full-fledged drive, which is very practical! Because it can be treated like a local drive. And you save time!
1.) Map the network drive via the Windows 11 File Explorer menu!
1. As always, start Windows Explorer Windows + E
2. In the file explorer window, click on the three dots [...] button in the toolbar
3. And then select "Map network drive" in the menu that appears.
4. In the "Map network drive" window, click on the "Drive" selection field.
5. Select a drive letter to assign to the network drive.
(This can be any letter, depending on your personal preference)
6. Enter the network path in the "Folder" field
(PS: If you do not remember it, click on "Browse",
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 6)
If you want Windows to reconnect to this drive every time you log on, select the check box next to "Reconnect at sigb-in" . And if you'd like to connect using different credentials associated with your current Windows account, check "Connect using different credentials." When you're done, just click "Finish" .
| (Image-1) Easy Map a network drive under Windows 11!
2.) Connect the network drive directly via the file explorer!
If you have opened the network path just in File Explorer, simply right-click on the Network folder and "Show advanced options" the "Map Network Drive"
(... see Image-2 Point 1 to 3)
| (Image-2) Directly map network drive under Windows 11!
3.) Execute command to map network drives!
1. Open the Run window with Windows + R
2. To connect the command Rundll32.exe shell32.dll, SHHelpShortcuts_RunDLL Connect
(... see Image-3)
| (Image-3) Connect network drive under Windows 11 via the Run dialog!
4.) Connect or disconnect network drives via the command prompt!
If you like to connect or disconnect network drives via command lines, you can use the very popular net use command.
To map a network path as a network drive, use:
net use R: \\fritz-nas\nas
5.) What should I watch out for when connecting / disconnecting the network drives!
There is nothing great to consider here, as long as drive letters AZ are available, it is possible so that the network drive does not disappear after a restart or update: Do not forget "Reconnect at login" . Regardless of whether you connect it in Windows Explorer or Q-Dir Quad Explorer .
(... see Image-4 Point 1 to 3)
| (Image-2) Connect to the NAS network drive quickly!
6.) More tips on network, drives and Co. under Windows 11!
FAQ 163: Updated on: 26 August 2023 08:13
Now dont panic, with a little trick you can have the day of the week appear in the Windows 11 taskbar without any chronological specialist knowledge Many
The classic MS Paint under Windows 11 can be used, but only version 5.0 MS Windows 11 brings MS Paint 6.0, 10.0, to a crash Not everyone is satisfied
It is quite easy to adjust which desktop icons should be displayed under Windows 11 and which should not 1. Customizing the Windows 11 desktop standard
Printer drivers are always an important point, also under Windows 11, it is also possible to use older printer drivers if it is the right one Content:
What to watch out for with Windows 11 and when logging in without an internet connection and when it works For offline installation and offline PCs without
It is easy to calibrate the touch screen under Windows 11, why not, if these have been correctly recognized by Windows, it is possible at any time 1.
The Dynamic Lock available in Win 11 works very well and its handy to increase security on Windows 11 when you are out of reach of the PC 1. The Windows
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- What to do to disconnect a mapped network drive in File Explorer Win 11?
- Map network drive I want to map a drive with a drive letter under Windows 11?
- Whenever I want to open mapped drive, do I want to use it like local drive?
- Where do I enable drives to be reconnected at login?
- I thought folders in the network can be treated like drives under Windows 11 how can I do this with just a few clicks?
- Connect drive?
- Windows 11 File Explorer Move or copy files via the taskbar?
- Connect drives?
- Can I map a drive letter in File Explorer so that a network path can be treated like a local drive?
- Reserved drive letter shared for mapped drive on windows 11?
- Connect network drive?
- Connect Windows 11 network drive?
- Drive not showing up in File Explorer directory tree under Network?
- Connect File Explorer network drive?
- When I open File Explorer and This PC do I want the mapped drive to always be connected?
- Win 11 connect network drive?
- Want to quickly access network hard drives in the future, how can I do it in File Explorer?
- Tried to restart Windows 11 but connecting to the network drive does not work automatically?
- Always enable drive username and password so windows 11 connects to drive with drive letter?
- I want Windows 11 to always connect to drives on the network?
- Looking for an example of a mapped network drive in File Explorer on Windows 11?
- Run network connection?
- File explorer shortcut map network drive on windows 11?
- My personal preference is to use a letter for the network path with no share name on the local network?
- Help Network drives are slower than local hard drives, use local connections?
- How do I disconnect a mapped network drive on Windows 11?
- Tuck not showing up in drive after Windows 11 update?
- How do I set up a network drive in Windows 11 as I often want to use a network drive in Windows 11?
- Connect Nas drive to Windows 11?
- I have a NAS on my home server and I often have to access a folder in the network. Is it possible to mount this as a drive on Windows 11 or 10?
- How can I easily open a network drive using Explorer on Windows 11?
Keywords: windows, 11, network, drive, mapping, easy, frequently, used, paths, file, explorer, Questions, Answers, Software