I would love to see the full name of the folder on the tab instead of "..."!
If you want to see the full name of the folder on the tab, it is quite easy in the Quad Explorer!
Tabs are one of the most popular functions among pro users on Windows desktop and server systems. Almost every application now has tabs in the title bar, so it's a very useful and customizable extension in Quad Explorer too.
Adjusting the tabs / tab width!
1. Start the Quad Explorer as always
2. Open the Extras menu
3. Deactivate the option "Tab-s ► Width ► Maximum ► Deactivate"
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 5)
See also: ►► Move Tabs in Q-Dir ►► Changing from focus to another view ►► Start with last setting
| (Image-1) The Tab Size in all File Explorer Views!
So you can easily see the full name of the folder on the tab, regardless of whether it is a Windows desktop or MS Server operating system! You can have tabs from different applications like File Explorer, Microsoft Word, and Edge in the same window.
FAQ 65: Updated on: 14 May 2021 19:07
In Firefox navigation between tabs, the standard navigation buttons for this function are Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDn why not in Q-Dir
It is very simple to disable or enable Auto-Expand folder feature in Q-Dir Menu ► Extras ► Tree-View ►
It is very easy to add Q-Dir to windows system shell context menu via Q-Dir extras menu
Please check the settings on: Menu > Extras > System > "Enable Privilege" And please disable it. In some companies, networks, or NTFS drives, this leads to
To start with a favorite settings, without to register *.qdr files for Q-Dir please create a shortcut
Its easy in to change the look of the Address-Bar Over ► The Main Menu ► Extras ► Address-Bar ► Modern or Classic address bar
Its easy in Quad-Explorer , pleas Drag and Drop the *.qdr files on the Taskbar in Windows-11/10/8.1/7. See also: ► Q-Dir opens 4 times my computer, last
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- One of the most popular functional requirements for Windows is tabs in File Explorer. Microsoft has resisted adding tabs to File Explorer and apps in general for years after tabs were introduced in Internet Explorer 6 with a toolbar extension in 2005. This resistance will change on a large scale. Microsoft plans to add apps in Windows 10 tabs so you can better group apps.
- Sometimes I suffer to find where working folder, and making few second of delay time. So, I suggest to rename the tab name, not current folder name. It makes more efficient to find more easily.
- I was looking for a 3 pane explorer and got a 4 pane explorer for Microsoft Windows OS! Wonderful only issue so far is that the tabs are too short to show the name of the drive!
- I would like to see the full name of the folder in the tab, rather than just the first part and then "...".?
- Fixed tab size in Quad-Explorer Q-Dir on MS Windows the File Explorer Alternative?
- I miss the complete name of the directory on the table bar.
- So that folder names are not cut off. In other words,?
- One feature I would find useful is if the tabs above the list-view could be variable width,?
- The size of the File Explorer tab needs to be adjusted. I want to change my new tab size settings in Explorer. If I have to open fewer tabs, the big tab has to be big. As soon as the tabs have filled the available space, they can be reduced in size. I would like to adjust the settings for the tab size. If we have similar options, please let me know?
- I would find a feature very useful if the tabs above the list view with variable width could be such that folder names are not cut off. In other words, I would like to see the full name of the folder on the tab rather than just the first part and then "...".
- I have a good idea to improve the work performance.
Keywords: would, love, full, name, folder, instead, quot, want, quite, easy, quad, explorer, tabs, most, popular, functions, among, users, Questions, Answers, Software