Auto Run a program when Windows-10 starts, how to?
To Auto Run a program when Windows-10 starts,
this solution is also for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7!
The solution is simple
In this FAQ about the autostart in Windows 10, you will find information about how to register the programs for the automatic start and remove, disable and vice versa add the program to the Windows 10 autostart and where the autostart folder is located!
1.) Autostart a Program from Autostart (Startup) Folder in Windows 10!
if you want to autostart a program for currently logged-on user please open the shell:startup
and if you want to start a program at Windows 10 startup please use (open) the all users startup folder shell:Common Startup
In this example auto start the MS-Explorer and Internet-Explorer at Windows 10 Start you can create Shortcuts for Other Programs. (... see Image-1 Arrow 1 to 3)
1. Open the location that contains the item you want to create a shortcut to.
2. Right-click the item, and then click Create Shortcut. The new shortcut appears in the same location as the original item.
| (Image-1) Autostart programs at Windows-10 start-up!
2.) Auto run Programs via Windows 10 Registry Entry!
Please start the Windows 10 Registry-Editor via Windows+R keyboard shortcut and the command regedit and browse to autorun entries: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
There is still a second auto run folder
here the entry is responsible for all Windows 10 user!
In this example start the MS-Explorer at Windows-10 Startup and open the C:\ Volume. (... see Image-2 Arrow 1 to 4)
| (Image-2) Autorun a program at Windows-10 start-up!
On the right side of the Registry Editor, a list of programs launched for the current user at login is displayed. You can delete it or add the program to the start by right-clicking on the empty area in the right part of the editor and clicking on it to specify the path to the executable program file.
3.) Auto-start programs in Windows 10 Task Manager disable / enable!
The Windows 10 Task Manager is one of the most popular tools for the startup software under Windows 10. It can easily be found by pressing the key combination [Ctrl+Shift+ Esc] or via the Start menu.
Enable and disable the launch of programs, open the path to the file of your interest or, if necessary, find information about this startup program in the Internet.
| (Image-3) Find Auto Run programs in Windows-10 Task-Manager!
You will see a list of programs for the auto start of the current user in this list are from the registry and from the system auto start folder ergo directory as described here in the FAQ. If you right-click a program, you can disable or enable its launch, opening the executable file location.
In the last example here you can activate and deactivate existing applications in the list. If the program is to be executed automatically is not included in this list, it must be added there. This process is a bit more complicated, you need to edit the registry yourself or run the Windows 10 Auto Start Directory:
► ... Startup Programs about the Startup Directory in Windows 10!
► ... Auto-run of programs over Windows 10 registry entries!
FAQ 151: Updated on: 31 July 2019 21:00
The solution is simple to change the desktop theme eg Windows Design in Windows-10, this solution is also for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Please open in
The solution is simple to open the location of a Program in Windows-10 path, folder? In this short FAQ you will learn, with various examples, how to get
The solution is simple to terminate Unresponsive, Hanged or Frozen programs in Windows 10 Content: 1. Terminate programs over the Windows 10 Task
The solution is simple to stop windows 10 tablet PC from going to auto sleep mode, this solution is also for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Content / Solution
»» My question is not there in the FAQ
|Asked questions on this answer:|
- I want to speed up my system startup by removing unnecessary programs from startup, in Windows 10 home and pro You can do this is this possible to do this!?
- Can I add startup programs to Windows 10 and how do I remove Programs from startup?
- Shell:startup windows 10 windows 10 autostart programs manage?
- Windows autostart folder autostart windows shell:startup does not work?
- Wonder if one in Windows 10, somehow programs can start automatically when Windows 10 starts or I log on to the computer some programs start also wen I do not want this I would like to turn off or disable and only the start the calibration wants to start , on the Windows tablet I have the same startup problem and I want to make autostart adjustments on Windows, however, do not find the program starter!?
- If you want to start a program from the automatic start or the ... Or press Windows key + R shell : enter startup and start.?
- If you like to open your folders, system files etc. directly via Start / Run or directly in the start menu, you will get an overview of which shell?
- Open startup folder under Windows 10 This dialog can be called up using the key combination Windows + R. The dialog will then be followed by the command: shell:startup or?
- I do a similar searches to shell:startup but the shell:startapp could not be found in windows 10 to autostart folder all user + shell startup error?
- Search for the best way to open the Windows 10 Startup folder is with the shell? startup address , which you can use as the path to the?
- How to Change the function of which apps launch Windows 10 - When the file location is open, press the Windows logo key + R , type shell:startup, and then select OK!?
- The Windows 10 programs do slow down the booting, the autostart brings disadvantages because programs are started in the background, and a long time the startup takes. I would like to new that the start up takes considerably shorter, and after installation of Windows 10.?
Keywords: windows, 10, ten, start, auto, program, when, starts, Autostart, run, Questions, Answers, Software