I would like to change the Explorer colors to the "old Norton Commander"!
It's easy to set the colors to the "old Norton Commander" in the Quad File Explorer even on Windows 10!
Use Superman and adjust a little: (... see Image-1
| (Image-1) I would like to change the colors to the "old Norton Commander"!
The program was developed in 1984 by the then physics student John Socha under the name Visual DOS, VDOS for short, who published it in 1986 under the name Norton Commander at the company Peter Norton Computing, which was later also responsible for the well-known product Norton Utilities. In the following years three more versions of the file manager for the DOS operating system appeared. After the release of Norton Commander 4, Norton Computing was bought out by Symantec in 1991. Symantec released version 5 of the Norton Commander in 1995 and then in 1998 versions 5.51 for MS-DOS and 2.01 for Windows 95/98 / ME and Windows NT. However, since several other file managers for Windows and DOS copied the Norton Commander architecture and were sometimes more functional than the original, the Norton Commander series was completely discontinued due to a lack of sales.
Updated on: 3 July 2020 21:39
Keywords: would, like, change, explorer, colors, quot, norton, commander, easy, quad, file, even, windows, your, theme, q-dir
Similar information on the page
If you want to rank Quad-Directory Explorer Q-Dir as a trusted application on all MS Windows 10 OS Of course, a file manager can not work without access
The solution Show full folder path in Title Bar of Quad-Explorer for Windows It is easy in Standard File Explorer to Show the full path in the explorer
It is practically all Explorer windows to be able to clone in Quad Explorer not only under Windows 10, 8.1, This operation opens a new quad explorer
Its easy to rename multiple files, is the same rename action like in the MS-File-Explorer also in Q-Dir Heres a simple example of how you can rename files
It is easy to watch video files directly in the Quad Explorer even under Windows 10 Under Windows 10, mkv, avi, divx, mp4, videos will play smoothly,
With many drives in File Explorer, a separate drive icon can be quite helpful under Windows 10, 8.1, Just change the drive icon and name and without
If you want to see the full name of the folder on the tab, it is quite easy in the Quad Explorer Tabs are one of the most popular functions among pro users
It is easy to recognize in Q-Dir whether it runs with administrator privileges 1. Start the Quad-Explorer Q-Dir in Admin mode as usual. 2. Swipe around
You can use the Quad Explorer on Windows 10 as a portable app in the Startup folder Everyone knows how to deal with autostart programs in Windows 10 Often
See also : ... Q-Dir FAQ
Back to : ... Q-Dir Homeage
AlwaysMouseWheel # AutoHideDesktopIcons # AutoPowerOptionsOK # ClassicDesktopClock # DesktopDigitalClock # DesktopNoteOK # DesktopOK # DontSleep # ExperienceIndexOK # Find.Same.Images.OK # FontViewOK # IsMyHdOK # KeepMouseSpeedOK # OpenCloseDriveEject # Q-Dir # QuickMemoryTestOK # QuickTextPaste # StressMyPC # Tools # Version # WinScan2PDF #
Questions for this:
- The Commander file manager like Norton-Commander-style can be kicked into the bin, additional functions, for example packing and unpacking, synchronizing directories, I need something effective including the sub-directories that me and offers various functions, Commander supports not everything have many errors, and have no beta tests aldo a file explorer should be found?
- I have no idea how many more options I will discover in MC that are very useful for ordinary users like me.?
- You worked with the Norton Commander in DOS times, I do not want the same ease of use and the tried and tested two-window view was simply inadequate. I am looking for a shareware Commander that is not impressive with two windows. I need a large list of useful additional functions?
- I have never used Windows 'My Computer'.?
- I used double-paned file manager from the old Norton Commander for Dos before Windows Software was born.?
- I updated to newer file managers as soon as they came out.?
- In this long period of use, I've never come across a file manager that offers tabs for panels that I discovered in MC 2.7.2.?