It is quick and easy to format a USB data carrier under Windows 11, 10, ... etc., as well as under MS Server 2022, 2019, ... OS!
1.) ... Quickly format the USB data carrier under MS Windows OS!
2.) ... More tips on formatting and Co. on MS Windows OS!
1. Insert the USB stick or the external hard drive into the USB port
2. Start the File Explorer with Windows + E and mark the removable data carrier
3. Right-click on the selection menu and select Format
4. In the format dialog, click change the appropriate format (NTFS, Fat32, exFAT)
4. Start formatting with the Start button
5. Confirm the message "Data will be deleted ..." with OK
(... see Image-1 Point 1 to 7)
When you have it on quick format it is a quick story, the disk is formatted in seconds. So that you have the feeling that it was not formatted correctly!
See also: ► Formatting or quick format?
|(Image-1) Formatting USB data carriers under Windows 11 ...!|
Just click through and find out:
►► Format or quick format?
►► Split, format, shrink new hard disk step by step..!
►► What file system should I use with my USB storage device?
►► Prevent access to removable media data carriers under Windows!
►► Format new SSD hard drive under Windows 10/11!
►► What is a hard drive format?
►► Format via the command prompt under Windows!
Formatting a USB drive in Windows is a simple process designed to erase all data on the drive and prepare it for reuse. Note: When you format a USB storage device, all data stored on it will be lost. Make sure you back up important data first if you want to keep it.