# About # History # Eula # Screenshots # FAQ # Download (602 KB) # DE EN
Update on: 13 January 2019
Suitable for Microsoft : Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Server 2000-2016, XP, Vista, x64/x32/x86
The Quad-Directory-Explorer makes your files and folders easy to manage, either installed or as a portable Windows program as an alternative to Microsoft's File Explorer.
Fast and easy access to your hard disks, network folders, USB-sticks, floppy disks and other storage devices.
Important! ► add to trusted application under Windows 10 Redstone!
Key features in the alternative File-Explorer
◆ File management in 4-window with tabs
◆ Folder size with extra information
◆ Color filter for files and folders
◆ Classic and modern address bar
◆ Directory structure with visible tree branches
◆ Print what you see in Explorer Views
◆ Based on the system File manager
Other options and specifications
◆ Save folder combinations as favorites
◆ Moving and copying the data via "drag and drop"
◆ Mark selected folders and files
◆ Small program great in file management
◆ ... and much more
Why alternative file manager!
Q-Dir is a great alternative file manager for Windows with a amazing Quadro-View technique.
You don't have to give up your usual work habits, Drag'n Drops, view types, and other standard functions of your current file manager.
No! Q-Dir gives you extra useful functions to make you happy. Save time by reducing mouse-clicks and hand movements . Q-Dir does not have to be installed and can be executed easily from any location, such as the Desktop, and can be carried on a small USB-stick or other memory device.
Q-Dir's file management is based on MS Windows Explorer, but 4x plus Explorer Tab Views and with more functionality! More and more data makes for a larger file management challenge on you Windows OS.
Q-Dir allows you to save folder combinations as a favourite to open any time. Up to 64 folder combinations can be saved in a favorite, since each of the four windows is equipped with tabs (ie 4 x 16 tabs 4 x Tree View plus 4 x Address Bar), different colors for different file types ...
Yes Q-Dir is free for company, business and private use!
The first time you start Q-Dir you will be presented with a license screen.
The program is free and the license info is only displayed the first time (per PC).
- Favourites: Quick access to your most often used folders.
- Preview filter settings: ... Change preview filter settings?
- Drag&Drop: Move files by dragging in Q-views and other Explorers.
- Clipboard: Copy / Paste between Q-views and other Explorers.
- Folder-Types: ZIP, FTP, cabinet, network, system folders, shortcuts ...
- Views: Large icons, tiles, list, detail, thumbnail (Vista: extra large symbols) .
- Export: To XLS, CSV, TXT, HTML.
- Popup Menus: Desktop, My Computer.
- Screen magnifier: Enlarge anything on the screen.
- Color Filter: Different colors for different item types (e.g. *.log;*.txt).
- Highlight-Filter: Highlight files by extension type.
- File-Filter: Allows quick and easy filtering of files.
- Columns: Edit and save displayed columns.
- Quick-Link's: For fast folder access.
- Folder-Select: Fast & flexible folder selection address-bar / desktop menu / my-computer menu /...
- Multi-INI: Q-Dir saves settings to several INI files.
- Quadro-View technique: Quad-Pumped x 16 Tabs, (-: quad core + :-).
- Tree-View: Single and quadruple.
- Preview: Allows a quick preview.
- Portable: from v2.77 Q-Dir is portable.
- Printing: from v3.77 List, Details ...
- Folder size Column: from v3.83 file and folder size Column.
- Settings transfer: from v3.83 Improved transfer for folder and view settings.
- Faster edit: from v3.86 Faster edit or rename of files.
- File association: from v3.91 Internal file association rules.
- Tree View: Auto expand folders.
- Separate tree view for each explorer list view.
- and, much more........ ;)
|# Q-Dir Versions History|
|New in version 7.37 // 13 January 2019 |
Bug-Fix: Batch files in favorites can no longer launch since last version
General adjustments and updating the language files in Q-dir.
|New in version 7.36 // 12 January 2019 |
Bug-Fix: When opening directories by program arguments
Bug fix: In Q-Dir print on some printers with high DPI (resolution)
Small adjustments and updating the language files in Q-dir.
|New in version 7.35 // 27 December 2018 |
Bug-Fix in: Translations tool of Q-Dir
Small tuning and other general improvements and some fixes.
Updating the language files in Q-dir.
|New in version 7.34 // 19 December 2018 |
Small adjustments, improvements W10 and a new language in Q-Dir: Spanish (Español Latinoamérica Colombia)
Thanks to Carlos A Medina R for the Latin American Spanish language.
|New in version 7.33 // 17 December 2018 |
New: execute as in the MS-Explorer commands from the Explorer address plus extras.
Improvements in Address bar rules and path interpretation for the Explorer views.
Updating the language files in Q-dir.
... complete Versions History
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 10 - Pro / Enterprise / Home,
Windows 8.1 - Enterprise / Pro,
Windows 8 - Enterprise / Pro,
Windows 7 - Enterprise / Home Basic / Home Premium / Pro / Starter / Ultimate,
Windows Vista - Enterprise / Ultimate / Business,
Windows XP - Home / Pro,
Windows Server - 2000-2008 / 2012 / 2016,
(x32/x64) - All versions of Windows.
// punto-informatico.it (IT)
// clubic.com (FR)
// dinside.no (NO)
* A good file manager with an amazing Quadro-View technique for Windows.
# About # History # Eula # Screenshots # FAQ # Download (602 KB) # DE EN # Images+ # Info+ # Thanks+